What do I do now that I'm over this shit

I’m still prone to the same hallucinations and voices but really I’m over all the delusions. Now it’s like what the ■■■■ am I supposed to do? I’m so far away from being successful and supporting myself. I don’t really have and can’t think of any hobbies that interest me. I guess it’s quiet enough now that I could start reading again. If you suddenly found yourself cured what would do with your life?

1 Like

I would finish my schooling for computer hardware.
I just can’t at the moment… its online and pretty easy.
But it hurts my head so much.

I’m in a similar boat…my symptoms are in remission but what now? I know they can return but the last time they made a comeback it lasted all of an hour and have been in remission since. What now? Is my question. What do I do with myself in this crazy world? I don’t know. I’m just taking it day to day at this point…I’ve got the new clubhouse to help get started and I guess we’ll see where that takes me…

Most people seem pretty set on going back to school…but like I’ve said before on here that would be like bashing my head against a wall for two to four years.

I think if I were cured I would go back to school. That is the one thing I haven’t been able to do in my recovery. Although, I am following a path of self education using EDX and coursera. I have also been reading the Great Books of the Western World and writing in my commonplace book. So I guess I don’t need to go back to school I am working on all the education I need.

Now the Great Books of the Western World are some very hard reading. I am still on the Illiad because I have to read multiple times due to concentration difficulties. If you need something to do and don’t mind the pains of learning, I highly recommend it.

Yeah I honestly don’t ever see that happening for me.I never enjoyed school, ever. Not even elementary. I was born to do something else.

Yeah I do find myself thinking about school but i want to be 100 percent over this before I take on a challenge like that. Firstly it’s probably better I find a decent job for the first time in my life.

1 Like

idk if we could ever be cured, high functioning maybe but ‘cured’ idk about that, i wish it were true but its not something that can just be cured imo

i’d suggest if you are able to maybe go back to college and do something that interests you or join a club or group or something.

[quote=“BryanAshley, post:1, topic:11198, full:true”]
…I’m over all the delusions. Now it’s like what the ■■■■ am I supposed to do?..I don’t really have and can’t think of any hobbies that interest me. I guess it’s quiet enough now that I could start reading again…I do find myself thinking about school but…it’s probably better I find a decent job… [/quote]

Hi @BryanAshley! I’m so glad to hear you’re feeling better! :smiley:

I think reading sounds like a great thing to do, and that it’s a little too soon for you be working. But that’s just my opinion, of course.

Yeah I agree about the work thing I need a few more weeks stress free to unwind

1 Like

i’m happy for you…
as to the question…from a wise man once named prince." why don’t you party like it is 1999…lol "
take care

I’'m sure there would still be a grieving process. Some spark of the reality of what i had gone through would linger. So would think i’d still need to do therapy just to put it all in perspective, unless that came with the being cured part

Yeah I just had some really weird telepathic dreams to shrug off. I thought they were real for a moment. I have some very vivid lucid dreams.

I am on meds they help, you should try getting some. It will help :slight_smile:

Take up repelling.

Play the cello.

Sing the songs that you like to sing.

Take a trip to australia, or any country.

Hatch a plan and get rich.

Feed the hungry and needy.

Get involved in activism to make the world a better place.

Make the mental health system better.

Protest atrocities and unfairnesses.

Go ice fishing.

Write a book.

Read a book.

Burn a book.

Throw a book.

Study architecture.

Have some coffee.

Take up pipe smoking. Not all of the time but only in the evenings after dinner. All natural plants of course.

Start a business.

Create the perfect lawn.

Volunteer at the hospitals.

Get involved in charities.

Cure a disease.

Bring peace to the world. That one might be hard but hey who cares.

Become the new buddha.

Start a cult that actually does good things.

Stargaze. Astronomy.

Study the torus and how important it is if we can actually learn to harness it and what it can do for us.

Have a pint.

Have two pints.

See a movie.

Make a movie.

Write a movie.

Help other schizophrenics in your area.

Just a few suggestions.

1 Like

I’m NOT over my symptoms. I’ve just gotten to a state where I can function around them… somedays on my own… somedays with help.

First… I’d say, give yourself some time to stabilize and get used to the new you… your still going to have to keep an eye on your stress levels and keep an eye on your health.

Get to know the new you a bit and see what new path has opened up to you now that your over coming this. You might not be who you were before and you might find that old hopes don’t fit the new you.

I can understand you not wanting to dive right into school but there are other types of classes and community groups that can help you get back into the swing of schedules, groups, and you might find a skill or something you enjoy that inspires you to make a career.

I bet it is a bit of a head shake… when I was at my worst… there were NO options open to me. When I got more stable… there were too many options to me.

Some out patient places or day hospitals have vocational training to help you land that better job.

Good luck and as long as you like what you do… you’ll do great.

2 Likes

I’ll start with having some coffee

1 Like

get a job or get back in school if you really think you are over it. Or do both

Yeah I still have symptoms but I feel the only way I’ll truly get over is to get out there. I’m ready now to try and start carrying myself again.

1 Like

Did you end up sticking to risperdal?

Yeah I’m still on it. I don’t have nearly as bad a reaction to it as you did. Probably be on it for a couple more years though I expect to lower the dose. 8 mg is pretty high. No man tities yet, I just have a fuller chest.

1 Like