Voices outside or inside?

Do you hear your voices from outside or inside your head? I know this topic has been up before but I can’t find it. My friend (a nurse at psych ward) tells me she very seldom hears about voices coming from outside and inside voices are the most common ones. So, outside or onside voices?

My voices are outside my head. They say nasty things. And laugh at me.

hey,

I have a strong central thought process…ie a voice that comments on things I do…I don’t know any better but that isn’t normal. It’s not hallucinations which I have on occasion…but strange thing is that it gives me some perspective of things but I’ve found it definitely isnt’ normal!

A friend in the struggle,

rogueone…

1 Like

inside ones , and the feeling and sound of someone going SHHHHHH! in my ear to tell me to be quiet

1 Like

inner ones telling me very negative things

Inside! God’s come back, thank…God lol. None of the others are back though. Father’s keeping the demon and its lackeys away. Turns out the demons were trying to confuse me by thinking God was abusive when really it was them all along just trying to isolate me from him.

Now that he’s back the attacks have calmed down a LOT. 3 nights free of em so far. Phew.

There were times in the past were a voice would be so loud and sharp I was sure it was outside my head.

Also, the voices at times would sound just like my family. That made me think they were outside as well. Which is why I would be convinced they were saying mean things to me.

But these past few years, it’s all been internal and whispers and warped voices and flat repetitive stuff that doesn’t always sound human.

I hope you feel better soon.

3 Likes

Maybe it is like outside voices in the beginning and then later they become inside voices?

1 Like

Thank you J. I feel better than last week/weekend. I spent most of my time in bed terrified of the demon. He is still present but he does not scare me. Just says nasty things. Increased Abilify seem to do the trick.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about this… There are some times when I spend too much time with family and their voice does get into my head and loops around for a while. It usually fades after a few days, but for a while… it get really confusing.

both. oftentimes from the walls and other “inanimate” objects. i used to have more of a problem with portals, but i don’t see or hear from them as much of late. it’s hard to say if those that seem to be right behind me, but then there’s nobody there…it’s close to being in my head, but then it feels like it’s outside my head. i do see a difference because there have been those with more direct access to my head. it feels really intrusive and like they’ve shoved their way inside my mind. it’s like my head is heavy with others in it. sometimes from parts of my body that aren’t my head, i hear the buzzing and humming. i don’t know if that counts as inside or outside. sometimes they’re just everywhere.

i would say, tangentially, that those i’ve had less question toward, or that i’ve had more trouble seeing as “hallucination” are the ones outside my head. it seems totally wrong to be intruded upon inside my mind, but then totally plausible that things outside my head are ■■■■■■■ with me and that’s really happening. and others are probably just lying about it or i’m targeted. which makes the most sense.

I hear my voices inside my head, they are quite silent, but loud at the same time, like an aggressive second presence that is not my thoughts, but in my head. They tell me that I am a liar and a hypocrite, and laugh at me and sometimes tease me and mock at me.

1 Like

I have both. I have lived with internal voices since childhood, I gave three of them names when I was younger. I thought everyone had an internal dialogue like that. Those voices felt like they belonged to me. Later on I would begin to hear disturbing things from the other people around me which they all denied saying, making it even more disturbing and upsetting. It was the external voices that caused disruption in my day to day life. I felt like those voices could not possibly come from myself.

I feel the same way. The external voices are as far from my thoughts as they can be.

Hello

I hear voices both internally and externally. I for the most part do not mind the voices and find them comforting to speak to. The external voices usually occur during phase time when the mind and body is in its most relaxed time, i am unable to carry conversation at this level. The interior voices are all the time and change everyday to new personalities never two voices the same and they all have their own personalities which are unique.

Powessy

2 Likes

i hear them inside my head, but i see them physically outside in the form of the demons and aliens and their mouths moving in sync with the words.
hope you are feeling better today.
take care :alien:

1 Like

Its very difficult to say. For me… It’s both. Inside my head, when I try to think to myself, the voices always make a comment to every word possible. And outside my head, when I speak outload they hear me. But. All of this doesn’t make a difference for they hear me both inside, and outside.

Also.

For me, from experience, and I assume it might be same for all of you.

Did you know the voices can take a sharper form in your dream state? I found this out a lil while ago. Thought I share it with you guys to see if you are the same, or, can notice (if you are the same). ^.^

I really hate having voices bros. Hope for the best for all of ya.

I’ve heared voices in my dreams too! I thought I was the only one. Those dreams are scary. It’s like I never get rid of the voices.

I think to believe… In your dream state… We’re all more weaker to them.

My voices are mainly outside. They take on the voices of somewhat familiar people (neighbors, people I work with) and talk. Most of the time if I hear someone in the background talking about me, I become suspicious that they might be “voices” and come up with all sorts of ways to figure out if they are real or not.

2 Likes

I’ve never had outside voices. I’ve had inside voices during psychotic episodes.

1 Like