Survey for eligibility for Pimavanserin study

The purpose of this research study is to:

Test the effect of the study drug (pimavanserin) compared to placebo (an inactive pill) when added to ongoing antipsychotic medication on symptoms of schizophrenia.
Evaluate the safety of pimavanserin and how well you tolerate it.

Currently, pimavanserin is only approved for use as Nuplazid in patients with Parkinson’s disease psychosis. Psychosis is defined as seeing or hearing things that are not really there (hallucinations) and false or mistaken beliefs (delusions). Nuplazid is not approved for the treatment of patients with dementia-related psychosis unrelated to the hallucinations and delusions associated with Parkinson’s disease psychosis. It is still being studied as an adjunctive (added or additional) investigational drug for schizophrenia patients who continue to experience symptoms even while taking ongoing medication. An investigational drug is one that is not approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), or its use in patients with other illnesses is not approved by the US FDA.

As part of this study, safety and tolerability (how well a person can handle a drug) of adjunctive pimavanserin in subjects with schizophrenia will be evaluated. Because this is a research study, the study drug will be given to you only during this current study.

https://acadiastudynow.com/patient/qualify
https://acadiastudynow.com/patient/research

1 Like

This drug has already been associated with deaths. No thanks!

This drug is very similar to iti-007 and min-101 in terms of mechanism of action. If it does npt work i see no reason why they will.

I’m jealous of the people in USA, where this drug is approved…wish it were available here in Canada.

I know of a dr who uses it but mine said that it wouldn’t work. I highly doubt it works.

Hopefully we will soon know. It’s too early to say either way.

1 Like

It would be nice, but I feel like if it did anything special we would have heard of it by now.
I guess it’s got no weight gain or muscle stiffness but it has some potentially dangerous side effects that everhopeful was talking about.

Looks like the study is supposed to end in 2019.

Presuming it’s not ended earlier due to health effects.

This stuff is hot like fire right now in my country.
I’ve got to get on it but without insurance it’s a small fortune

I was on it for about 7 months. It worked well to control my hallucinations. But I had emotional issues on it that probably could have been worked out but they switched me back to latuda.

Zombie thread :woman_zombie: