Struggling with the voices

man i find it strange when others have flare ups at the same time. i’/ve been in a state of un-sleep for a few days… i make weird decisions when i’/m like this

1 Like

The voices are just your thoughts. All of the hallucinations are just your own thoughts.

2 Likes

Thanks guys. I’m feeling a bit better now. When I listen to the good voice I usually start to feel better. When the bad voice takes over I really start feeling hopeless.

1 Like

I would just ask a few times ‘why am I hearing the voices?’ and see what they say. If told to do something weird or told to do anything, just refuse. Some people will go do whatever the voices say in an angry moment and hurt another person hearing voices - usually it is just the verbal harassment of a stranger called ‘thought broadcasting’ where you tell a new psychosis patient something private about himself/herself - but it just starts there…Follow orders and eventually you will be forced to screw up your family, steal, vandalisms, mess up customers or employer…

If you met someone bragging about hurting people or doing illegal stuff a little while before your voices start, you may be told to not discuss this person and avoid everyone he/she introduced you to.

May just be most of the people in your area are already hearing voices some of the time and you didn’t hear it yet…You just have to wear this off or find the right meds. Try to concentrate on magazine articles and work your way up from there, study whatever interests you and show some interest in work and the voices do get easier to deal with sometimes.

1 Like

That’s pretty much the truth. Thanks for that. It helps to remember it’s all in my head.

1 Like

The eyes of truth are watching. It is I who see. It is I. I forgive.

You are not alone.

You are you. You are protected.

The voices try to destroy you. But the eyes of truth will not let this be.

Listen to my words closely.

You will hear that we are up against the god damn awful. But we don’t give up !

1 Like

I wonder what that says about me seeing as how my hallucinations are. One is violent and the other two are insulting. I can go up to like 10 or 20 when psychotic though.

here is some advice

Strong convictions metaphor

A king convicts you of terrible crimes in a court, and you don’t believe in his accounted crimes. So you ask for a fair trial, and ask for witnesses to account for the crimes. The witnesses say nothing, nonsense at the stand, but the king continues to convict you even after hearing there testimony

If there are no witnesses to your convictions, then there is no trial

So when you have a conviction, just ignore and think there are no witnesses, therefore being no trail. [No conviction]

As for thinking being imaginary you could think in this manner
“If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn’t. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn’t be, and what it wouldn’t be, it would. You see?”

Inconclusion, it ain’t what it is and is what it ain’t, and it’s not what you think

A formula for what is real and what is not real
A forumla of some sorts would be benefitual to help in the misdetermination between what’s real and what’s unreal. Such a forumla would be appreciated. The formula to determined between what is real and what is unreal, is that their is no formula, that being the solution. You must determine what is real yourself.

I imagine people’s voices. They’re auditory hallucinations.

I’m really glad your feeling better. I know how powerful it is to believe. I believe in my delusion too. Sometimes (and I learned this in therapy) it is easier to use logic that the delusional person can relate to when the belief is so strong. For example: I thought I was going to be sacrificed. I REALLY believed it. I was petrified. Nothing was going to change that. So, instead of telling me over and over that my delusion isn’t real (which wouldn’t have worked at that point in time). My therapist told me that if he were doing a brain study, he would see no benefit in sacrificing someone from a science standpoint. It calmed me down and made me feel better. Obviously, the goal is to stop believing the delusion but when your in pain and that isn’t going to happen in the next 10 minutes, it helps to meet you where you are and speak in logic that you can actually hear.

Like I said, I am glad you feel better :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the help.

I was feeling good for a few hours, and then that nice voice that helped me went away and now I have another nice voice that is bothering me.

The voice keeps saying, “What if Jesus still loves you?”

But I feel like I received messages from Jesus of him telling me he hates me and he’s going to do something terrible to me.

So I keep telling that voice, “There’s no chance that Jesus loves me.”

But it won’t listen. It keeps saying Jesus loves me.

I wish I could believe it, but I feel like the evidence is too strong that Jesus hates me.

Sometimes I both love and hate a person at the same time.

Also I read the Bible once and Jesus didn’t waste much time on hating people, he had better things to do.

1 Like

@Bee3 is right, @SnowTiger. That isn’t how Jesus has ever operated. What you’re going through sounds incredibly upsetting and frightening, but you can be assured that Jesus didn’t send you any messages like that.

I hope you guys are right. I found a message on my hand saying Jesus is going to bury me alive.

So I’ve been laboring under this thought that Jesus hates me and is gong to bury me.

It feels terrible, especially because I used to be a Christian. I used to love Jesus.

Now I haven’t gone to church in about a year. Maybe I should try going back.

Thank you for the kind words though. They do help!

Thanks I think that is a very important skill to have. I was very upset that the illness started to make me see and hear things straight from hell, which I never believed in or took seriously before. We are Jewish and we just dont talk about that ever and basically just look askance at it or consider it plain nonsense. It really pissed me off I mean. I was fortunate enough to work through that with higher doses of medication and adopting this approach.

1 Like

FWIW Jesus loved absolutely everyone, including his enemies. I don’t believe there is any chance that he could hate you. I am very sorry that you are in pain. I hope that you can gravitate toward the idea that Jesus would never do that. Your brain is just telling you that.

Those f>>>>> voices like a tape recorder over and over same ■■■■! shut up I would say but they never stopped telling me how horrible I am. Telling me I look horrible it was awful. almost a year, they watched me in the shower just making me feel terrible. I cant tell u why they stopped but they did. I still listen just to make sure they are gone. Zyprexa or were they real? I just don’t know. what makes the brain think this way and why me? ruined my career ruined my relationship and the person I used to be.

does anyone hear their friends voices talking trash? that was all I heard all the time…almost faint yelling saying “its me you bitch” calling me the worst possible things.

lorie1, I am sorry that you suffered so badly from the voices.
I am very happy that they stopped.
I think that you shouldn’t look back.
You should try to rebuild your life in the best way you can.
It is not certain that you will manage to return to where you were before illness struck.
But you should make every effort to recover.
For example , you can adopt a healthy diet and exercise.
It won’t necessarily help but its worth a try.
For me my life is also harmed in a huge way by schizophrenia.
It does HUGE damage to me.
But I try the best I can, lead a very healthy lifestyle and try to be cheerful and active to the best of my abilities.
And this is my recommendation.
You are not alone, lots of lives were ruined unfortunately by schizophrenia.

1 Like

Zyprexa has been a life saver. Thankyou for the kind words. I can deal most of the time. I just fear the voices will come back and the weeks of not sleeping. Sorry you have had a rough time also. Hopefully we can all move on.

1 Like