Songs that torment you

every once in while I get the impression that the songs are just out to get you or me or everyoneDec examples of songs of the young young people arriving todaybased on horror and science fiction do you turly need this and how about potty mouth in slang that we over use in the wrong correct incorrect and positive in positive ways if I’m assuming that no one has experienced this and I must be the first and I know that not to be true

1 Like

I feel like a lot of songs today were crafted by the devil. Blurred Lines for example. The first time I heard it I had just woken up from a nightmare where I was raped by a demon. Do you know how creepy it is to wake up from that to “I know you want it but you’re a good girl.”?? I was paranoid for the entire rest of the day. There’s plenty of other songs like that too.

If there is any song that has ever tormented me it would have to be this one, Joey by Concrete Blonde…I even like the song…it’s beautiful…but it was utterly ruined for me.

Got some right here:

xx

I absolutely despise U2. My most prominent thought whenever I hear they’re playing a concert is, “why isn’t there ever a killer meteorite around when you need one?” So, obviously, I was less than thrilled to discover that Apple had contaminated my iPhone with U2’s spooge without asking my permission first.

There are no new Apple purchases in my future thanks to this stunt by their marketroids.

10-96

2 Likes

One song from the TV SHOW Naruto, I think called Sadness and Sorrow, just played on repeat in my head for an entire day. It was driving me absolutely nutty.

2 Likes

country music…please make it stop…!?!
take care

3 Likes

How beautiful some tunes are. It seems as if they are coming right from your heart. Sad but very beautiful…

I was listening to guy rant about music today… his idea was…

We’ve cut music education in school and made music lessons very hard to get.

Why does music suck these days? Because we’ve failed to teach kids how to make good music… with variety and originality.

People want to make music… but they only have who’s hot now to learn from. If we put music back in schools… they might not copy what’s already been done before.

2 Likes

I get ear worms pretty bad sometimes and a song just keeps going round and round in my head. Now I have the “Floral Dance” by Terry Wogan and others and it has been there for two days. !!

This is why I love Andrew Bird’s music…he was classically trained on the violin from the age of four, majored in it in college and then went and made completely original music that I’d have trouble comparing to anything else.

1 Like

Shut off the. Damn. Country. Music.

2 Likes

I was going to post a song called Guns, Bitches, Brawls and Bottles here…but thought better of it :wink:

(gotta keep the sick and twisted either in my head or to a minimum…or else people start to think your sick and twisted…I’m not I swear :smile:)

@darksith I used to hate country music, but slowly am starting to find artists I like…maybe it’s just me getting older, or the fact that mom listens to it all the time and it’s starting to rub off on me.

As for me, I really hate comedy music like Weird Al…they turn some of my favorite songs into something negative like this guy we saw at one of my cousin’s wedding reception a comedian musician guy that made fun of Lady Gaga’s Poker-face song switching Poker face with butter-face (slang meaning someone with an ugly face). This bothered me greatly because it brought up some unwanted memories from high school because kids used to say that to me all the time. I never told anyone because I didn’t want to be a “nark” (or someone who rats out other people) and it was best to avoid fights by keeping your head down and ignoring the taunts from the other kids.

I know the song was meant to be funny, but to me it was just a bit hurtful because the bad memories tied to the phrase butter-face. I couldn’t help but think when he looked my way he was looking directly at me saying the same cruel phrase the kids at school used to say.

1 Like

any song from Justin Beiber or One direction… ugh! they are just too happy in their music, and that is annoying to me… the only kind of American pop I can even stand is David Archuleta and Kelly Clarkson…But in response to @sohare1981’s post…

Don’t you ever take what people call you to heart. It will only make your problems worse if you keep thinking about your appearance and what got you down in high school or even now. I have that problem and I am STILL paying the price for that negativity, because I let it get to me on a daily basis. I am trying to stop, and I know it may be hard to let your past go…but you have to try your hardest to let your anger, hate and sadness go. Just remember, you are beautiful in every way you can think of, no matter what you look like or what problems you may have. Sorry, I am ranting now XD I’ll shut up for now.

1 Like

Most type of rap music and a lot of country I cannot stand.
I don’t think there is any one particular song that torments but after my wife died and I would hear certain songs in the stores we had listened to or were her favorites, they tormented me…

you are safe on here, it is important to talk about these things it helps with the healing.
take care

4 Likes

thank you @anon59133895, and @darksith, I know I shouldn’t hold on to these memories, but it’s hard to let go of things when you never fully addressed them before. I thought ignoring them in school would mean they wouldn’t bother me when I got older, but I guess it’s not true. Being teased so much in school (mostly because of weight but also because my first real episodes started while I was still in school so I was always thought of as odd or weird or whatever) really is what makes me so paranoid when I’m around people because I’m just waiting for the teasing to start back up again. I know, we’re all adults now, but not everyone acts their age…

3 Likes

just knowing that we are the loudest plan it out there as we comfort in the thought that some alien is being tortured to

Anything with the violin…this plucks every bad string within my being and makes me feel like someone has died. I felt that I lost people when this all began and my brother played some beautiful violin music when it all started. So yeah.:stuck_out_tongue: I avoid violins like they’re the plague.

“everybody knows everybody. everybody is your friend. you don’t need an invitation!”