Reliable IQ Test?

i dont really think iq matters too much in the real world. yes you need general smarts but if you have no idea how to apply it what is the point. in business there are tons of things I don’t know how to do. but what I do know how is to find the right people and motivate them to get it done for me. delegating skills lol :smile: im more of a visionary than a technical aspect type of person

3 Likes

Yeah I totally agree…

1 Like

I’m a trout on regular IQ tests…

But for some reason I’m off the scales on any creative test I’ve taken in the past. Go figure…

2 Likes

Sz types are smarter than your average bear I believe. We ‘see’ more stuff than most people.

And that’s what inevitably drives us all bonkers from time to time.

1 Like

Like Chris Rock said…

If ‘ignorance is bliss’, than the opposite is seeing everything like having Sz and being in agony.

1 Like

i think its given us the ability to see unforseen opportunities more easily. just have to filter all those ideas…

just today my friend was talking about how it would be sweet to be a park ranger, then we decided a freelance park ranger would be even better.

just build a website stating you offer substitute park ranger services for when your park ranger at your given park is a no show or calls in sick.

boom your in business lol.

1 Like

@patrick I support this theory… sometimes though, were also not smart enough to see through our own brains tricks… I struggle with this every day… and I see that struggle in other SZ

@Erratica

Yeah that whole schpeal I jsut posted was because I scored a 135 before… I’ve lost so much… would hate to find out… I still feel pretty smart… but the illness makes it a whole lot less smooth of process just to think…

Really deep intensive thoughts trigger a blank out eventually where I can struggle for upwards of a minute to recall the simple progression of 3 thoughts that just dissapeared like vapor… and eventually I just have to give up. Before the illness the memories of my thoughts were documented just like anything else. The whole progression of my framework of knowledge could be traced back to the situations that triggered the insights… now I seemingly have half a dozen memories from before psychosis… even though the knowledge is more or less intact… the continuity of its origin is total gone.

I’m starting to pursue more intellectual exercises in my life… communicating on here though has been the backbone of my mental exercises this whole time.

This is illness sucks

1 Like

@soitgoes its a constant learning process to filter through your brains tricks. in my case i get a lot of flight of ideas to the max. I use to ignore all of it but my dad had told me during those periods of flight of ideas there could be some gold within it and to just write things down but DONT ACT upon them. just let them be and come back to them later when everything has settled down.

my thoughts with this illness is it allows more information in than normal , helpful and not helpful. so we just have to learn to filter that more

1 Like

Yeah… the filter breakdown… not necessarily a bad thing in creative positions… but regarding morality and the like it can be very bad and uncomfortable… just to live with the self… that can get better though.

I want to start some kind of business with some of the people on here. A lot of us function very well together. I can almost see the office dynamics of it…

That’s the main topic of my ponderances tonight… at least for now

2 Likes

i had an idea regarding virtual reality software (oculus rift) and mental health. its going to be the next move in recovery based programs in mental health im sure of it.

1 Like

The right team of us would probably do a better job than most. I’m going to start a million dollar idea thread.

2 Likes

Open a child-proof bottle of Tylenol using one hand. If you can do that then you’re fine.

Pixel.

2 Likes

Well done on the 134 but I think this shows the vagary of online IQ tests. You outperformed me on this one and yet in the previous thread for which a link to an IQ test was posted(long thread) I outperformed you by a fair margin.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2013/nov/29/iq-tests-online-are-they-valid suggests a lot of online IQ tests are dubious.

So on one test the article author scored highly for answering quickly despite getting most answers wrong. That would suggest that speed of answer is deemed more important for that test than accuracy. Be thick but be quick to get a good IQ?
I suspect many other tests online employ a “bonus” for speed of answer. Basically if you are quick but wrong you still gain but if slower but right you lose out.
Not good if like me you have been deemed as having a slow mental speed.

See also http://www.webmd.com/brain/news/20121218/iq-test-really-measure-intelligence

I think most,if not all, who post here would be of well above average intelligence. Whether that is accurately reflected by an online IQ test is debatable.

1 Like

Can a general IQ test truly measure intelligence? Research suggests not. There are various types of intelligence and people will score higher on some than others.
For some,like me, the gap in scores will be significant ie verbal= superior range and visual spatial= below low average.

1 Like

Accurate IQ tests are not public since that would compromise the test. You can get an idea of the area you’re in from some public tests but don’t expect the same result if you take a real one.

1 Like

I doubt I’d have the manual dexterity for that but is manual dexterity a good measure of intelligence :interrobang:

You don’t need manual dexterity. It’s a problem-solving issue.

Pixel.

1 Like

Problem solving and creative skills are some of the most important useful skills needed in today’s world

Wow, is memorado legit?

Try this website:

http://iqtest.dk/