Reliable IQ Test?

I just finished an IQ test from a website called memorado.com and scored 124. Is this a good result?

I know this isn’t a 100% reliable test, but was wondering where can I take a reliable IQ test to know my real result?

As suggested by members here, I’m doing brain training in apps whenever I can. I’m currently using Lumosity and Fit Brains.

Thanks ahead

3 Likes

That’s a good result! I don’t know any, I knew one but can’t find it. If I find I’ll revive this thread.

124 is a good score. It means you are highly intelligent. Different IQ tests are skewed a little differently. For example, you might score 135 on a different test. If you want an accurate measure of your intelligence you would need to research and compare different tests. There was an interesting idea some years back. They measured a person’s “emotional intelligence”. The people who did this said that things like diligence, unselfishness, persistence, industriousness, and other facets of a person’s character were more important in determining success than IQ. I’ve found that to be true. I’ve come across people with very high IQ’s who were total failures. One guy said he had an IQ of 156, and he was living in assisted living centers when he was under 50. Of course, people can exaggerate their IQ’s, but this guy had a significantly larger vocabulary than me, and I have a good vocabulary.

1 Like

I think 124 is a highly respectable score. How reliable that test is, or any other online test for that matter, is highly debatable I scored 130 which is supposedly in the top 3%. I have scored both significantly higher and lower on other tests. I tend to score lower the higher the ratio of shape based questions in the test.
Regardless of your IQ score on this test It’s obvious you are intelligent.
I would not judge your intelligence on any single online IQ test. Results can vary and can potentially make you feel less or more intelligent than you really are.

Iq test.dk was good but it seems offline. Mensa tests in Denmark or Norway I think are good. The vast majority of online tests are ■■■■■■■■. You need a psychologist to test you.

+1 I think that is a very good point.

1 Like

IQ tests are a highly limited measure of intelligence for those of us who have significant differences in types of intelligence. Ie verbal IQ being much higher than performance/non verbal or vice versa. As official ones are usually time limited they also tend to underestimate the intelligence of people who don’t do well with time limited test taking.

1 Like

Ralph likes 25 but not 24; he likes 400 but not 300; he likes 144 but not 145. Which does he like:

10    50    124    200    1600

Can you answer this?

I tested a 144 with a psychologist when I was younger

Cool, can you answer that question above your post?

Yes I can. 25 is 5^2, 144 is 12^2, 400 is 20^2

You have to find the one that is the result of a number squared

I think it’s 1600

Yeah, 40^2 is 1600

IQ tests tend to deal with reasoning and problem solving skills, however. I don’t think i’d do nearly as well these days. There’s this fancy block test, that’s the only one I really remember

I got tested because all of my brothers have autism

Nice work sir. Thanks for your addition.

This block test

Your pdoc would certainly know some things about iq testing, I guarantee they learned about it in school.

Well I just finished another test and got 125 this time. And that’s it for today, I think I know my level now.

The question now is can IQ be improved? and regarding emotional intelligence, how can someone improve it?

you left out the correct answer.

Never mind, I had to scroll.

online tests are ■■■■■■■■.

I think childhood iq scores are different from adults in that they must be translated.

@ astefano: you mentioned before you’re doing brain training. What apps r u using?

An iq test is not a knowledge test, it generally only goes down

1 Like

Lumosity, peak, and elevate.