Reliable IQ Test?

I’ve heard this one is good:

I scored 123 but only finished 29 questions out of 35 (I think).

If mensa supports it its probably pretty accurate.

All I need is to be good at examining comprehensive logic & be good at reading & speaking the English language. I don’t have time to be fooling around with mathematics or science. I’m all about logic & linguistics.

I’m not a scientist, just a mere philosopher. I used to have complex arguments for morality, but now I’ve realized nearly all styles of morality can work that don’t cause actual pain or suffering. So, I’m clueless and no longer am a “leader” in the field of arguing for or against anything. Just be an altruistic soul and do good. Worry about becoming “something” in the next life.

1 Like

Yes. I think the European ones are harder/more accurate and give an actual iq score. I took the American one almost 4 years ago and it was different and they didn’t provide a score.

Thats odd… No score at all? Whats the point of that?

Mainly to see if it’s worth taking the test.

1 Like

use a hammer lol

i tested 94 on facebook, idk how accurate that is, my sister was 98 lol

I once scored 180 on facebook. Needless to say it wasn’t accurate.

IQ is over-rated. Unless you have an IQ below 85 it dosent really matter. There are other aspects of Human mind like Creativity, Intuition, Emotional behavioral intelligence that measure true Intelligence and there are no IQ tests for those things.

IQ tests are over-rated. There are plenty of intelligent people on the world - and yeah they event CO2 scrubbers to put on the ocean bed, and solar powered cars. But what I want is true world peace, equality, spirtiual awareness, and a thriving planet. Suck that in your harvard branded milk bottle.

Sorry ignore me. You were all having a cute discussion and i ruined the mood.

Comparing the results of this test to the one last year seen here Reliable IQ Test?

My iq was the same by one point, so I think these tests are legit. That and my research is dope.

And I took screenshots and posted them so it’s official

Hehehehehe I have 134 iq points to do things with. I like psychology. I think imma use them all on psychology.

I also like ramen but that’s beside the point. You can’t get a degree in ramen. You can eat it every night though.

I also like exercising but I don’t like it enough to want a degree in it.

I am not sure you can say they are legit based on one person’s results. For me they varied considerably with the first IQ test speed of taking made a difference ie 140 then 158. On the second IQ test posted the other day it dropped to 130.
Having said that I agree that I may not be a good example for establishing the legitimacy of any test. I have a discrepancy re VIQ being considerably higher than PIQ and results can vary considerably based on how many spatial questions are in the test. For example on the test which was all spatial, ie involving shapes, I scored 95. That was good for me on such a test. I have scored as low as 56 in the past.
I have heard that FSIQ(full scale IQ) is not easily measured when it comes to having large difference - VIQ vs PIQ.
Looking at Wrong planet(an autism forum) it seems that a lot of people with aspergers and nonverbal learning disorder have these large differences re VIQ vs PIQ . I have also read that the VIQ of people with sz tends to be higher than the PIQ. Intellectual asymmetry and genetic liability in first-degree relatives of probands with schizophrenia | The British Journal of Psychiatry | Cambridge Core . Even VIQ-PIQ is more typical of so called neurotypicals. Verbal vs. Performance IQ | Asperger's & Autism Community - Wrong Planet

Aside of these tests it is obvious you are very intelligent @mortimermouse and have the right attitude to go with it(It doesn’t always follow).

1 Like

I feel like my iq is really 50 or 80. My emotional intelligence and empathy is in the single digits.

If ur IQ was 50 or 80 you wouldnt have been able to write what you are writing right now…Or even 100. Your IQ is for sure 100% more than 110 if not more.

So rest easy dude.

Oh I was tinkering with some cognitive assessment classes in a doctoral program in clinical psychology, and I found something…the memorado test is somewhat valid…the thing is, it based the 100 average on its own subject pool, meaning that you are 34% smarter than the average person if you score a 134. In other words, it makes a shitty inference about the general population because there are no checks on who takes it and what their attributes such as age and gender are…but whatever…

I scoured the web and stuff…and found that standardized tests of all sorts, but particularly graduate and collegiate aptitude tests ARE RELIABLE AND REASONABLY VALID so if you make above a 30 on the ACT, you probably have a 130+ IQ (The end of the bell curve, you’re super smart go home), and if you score above the 50% on the GRE, you are fit for a doctorate in arts, above 65% and you are fit for a doctorate in sciences…sort of.

For example, on the practice GRE tests I scored an average of 321/340, which means I have an IQ of around 135, probably just under 140, but certainly at least 130…so around 135. I was on double xanax and nicotine poisoning when I took the live test on a PC and scored 306, which equates to about 127…add ten for drugged out handicap and compare to practice average, then compare with the base the memorado test uses from its subject pool, it checks out as between 130 and 140, at the same time, the memorado checks out against more reliable measures…I mean they base huge sums of money on GRE scores these days. Like 6 years of school and a stipend to help with personal finances. They don’t play when they hand out PhD’s in health sciences.

That, and those questions on the memorado were derived straight from WAIS (what most people think of when they say IQ).

I also have a stack of cognitive assessment books, but this is just a chat room post, so I dont need to cite them…but the fact that I have the collection of materials and understand them says something…

by the way I just interviewed for a counseling graduate program, particularly for rehab psychology, which is like medical counseling, so to speak. I didnt like the program I was at, and it was expensive, while this other one is funded, like my bachelor’s degree was…gotta go where they want you…and will support your studies…based on a track record…

The thing people fail to honor is that IQ points can get wasted if there is no motivation, no grit, no grinding away of gears…I have made people who are smarter than I am (yes, they exist) recoil in awe at what my motivation along with superior but not absolutely brilliant intelligence can do. SO I would say that from my experience, if you are 130 or above, like mid-130 where I am, and you have incredible motivation, you can compete with incredible brilliance, as compensatory motivation does seem to play a factor. You can have an IQ of below 100 and still have so much energy that you perform like someone of over 100, in the same tune. I have made a 160+ or two become shocked, using extreme motivation with just ~135. I mean it goes like this- a 161 friend of mine smoked so much pot that he became 151 and then became disenchanted with formal education- that’s because of depression- the opposite of hypomania, in some respects. We perform about the same now. It balances out

But I would not listen too much to tests telling you who you are…

For good measure, Richard Feynman was “only 125” but won a Nobel Prize in Physics because he was so extreme in his efforts. I mean think of all the 165’s who were sad and lonely while he was hypomanic and doing experiments without stopping to eat.

With that said, be careful with mood disorder symptoms, and ask your doctor if untreated hypomania is right for you. LOL

1 Like

Just took this lol.

i’m scared

just kidding

1 Like

This is one of the best ones online I think. I scored 121. I’m happy.

100 is average, so you’re above average, and that’s good. IQ scores may drop over 40, so age matters too. I don’t know how reliable that website is. Maybe go in for a WAIS test?