Pondering... tame fun

there was a few summers that I spent high… and in unusual circumstances… partying and drinking with strangers… jumping around on one of the many beaches… watching others who were higher doing even more dangerous and way out there stuff then I would…

We all had our party tricks… It’s just not a party unless J gets naked…
It was also not a party unless our friend T. jumped off a roof… or out of a very tall tree.
It was also not a party unless another friend tried to run through a fire…

What we used to think was fun…

I stopped drinking… have been keeping my clothing on… and not hanging with people who jump off roofs or set themselves on fire.

Now… I putter in my garden with a root beer float and watch the sunset… I’m 30… I am happy to be alive… but I guess now is the time for living slow… how very tame… how very mundane…

It’s odd being content with living slow…

4 Likes

It’s easy to live fast, it’s harder to live
-Corey Taylor

1 Like

Slow and steady is a good way to live

1 Like

Was a reason you stopped maybe you just need to remember why you did stop. As chances are you are just glossing over the positive side of it.

For example. My time in that area always ended up with a huge domestic with the cops being called in the end. So don’t miss them the slightest.

1 Like

I’m glad your doing better as well…

I’m just a bit surprised how things have turned out for me… I was just pondering how tame life as become compared to my more wild and rebellious days.

I don’t miss almost getting arrested… the fights with my family after wards… the drama… the fights among us group of fellow users… the lost items and lost money… that I partied away… the damage to my health and stability…

I don’t miss any of that… I’m happy to be simple.

Had my first real mid life crisis a few years ago. Was surprised when I mentioned it to my mum. Her response was you’ve been going through mid life crises since you where 19. Might also just be what your going through. Mostly it’s a time of reflecting growing and moving on. They do tend come in around 38 years of age but hard to say if the illness has any effect with that. Maybe something you can look into.

1 Like