Poll: How long did it take you to accept it was "pills for life"

I’ve recently been put on meds. I went the other day to pick up my new latuda prescription and prior to showing my Medicaid card they tried charging me 212 bucks for a month’s supply. HOLY ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■ I CANT AFFORD THAT MY WHOLE LIFE. The day I land a full time job Im so screwed…

1 Like

The first time I was put on meds was in the pscyh ward. It immediately got rid of several voices, although I still heard some more. When I barely came back enough to realize that the meds had dampened the voices, I hoped that having a higher dosage would get rid of the voices completely and it worked. There’s no way I’m going back to hearing voices again now that the meds get rid of the voices.

1 Like

I know med costs are outrageous prior to them going generic, and even after if you look at a whole lifetimes supply it’s a lot of money. Here in the Netherlands we have a system called own risk, which means the first 400 dollars or so of your medical costs each year are yours to pay, which means I end up paying a decent chunk of change for my meds each year regardless of the fact that I don’t have a job.