Poll: Do meds work for you?

Are you feeling ok? Do you have positive symptoms? I don’t talk about the negative ones, 'cos meds don’t work on those.

• My meds work for me and I 'm fine, I feel no pain and I have no delusions.
  • My meds don’t work for me, I 'm feeling a mess and I have delusions.
  • My meds work a little bit for me, I still feel pain and I have a few delusions.
2 Likes

Meds work for me I guess. I dont get delusions which is the main thing that caused me grief. The people without color still talk to me and show themselves to me. Medications dont apply to them. They are real. Not inside my head. Lady Jasmine is real and sings to me

1 Like

Meds work for me, at least the ones I am on. The voices are mostly gone, it is a rare occasion when I get voices or intrusive thoughts, and my delusions are not as strong.

1 Like

@brucewillis, I don’t want to scare you, but I think meds don’t help you much, maybe you should talk to your doctor?
@Hadeda, I 'm glad meds work for you! Did you vote that you have a few delusions or not at all?

I have a lot of negative symptoms and I’ve had some huge cognitive problems… and I know my meds help me out a lot when it comes to that.

I do have more motivation… I do have more ability to think in a straight line.

The voices are almost gone. As far as delusions… there are a few that still hang in there and I’m always keeping an eye out for sneaky brained thinking.

I can’t say my meds make me symptom free… but I’m doing better then I was.

3 Likes

heheh, my meds work perfectly.

2 Likes

they work great.

2 Likes

Oh Yeah, and they work for no money at all, and still get the job done.lol

1 Like

My meds take care of the positive symptoms but help a bit wth mania and depression, not so much with paranoia, anxiety and negative symptoms - lots of side effects

2 Likes

I have a question. When you say paranoia you mean not right thinking? Because I don’t know exactly what it is.

Feeling or thinking that others are trying to harm me or hurt me in some way - either physically or emotionally etc…

1 Like

Thank you! (15 chars)

1 Like

my med work for all my symptoms negative/positive and depression, just not anxiety is all,

so no symptoms really except anxiety and i have a good med now for that as well so all is well x

2 Likes

Sometimes, I go on med vacations. I want to get off the lithium. I found out today that the person who prescribed my Invega and Buspar left the mental health clinic and they would call me in May to reschedule with someone else. I took Invega yesterday evening; but, I have not been taking the Buspar or Lithium. I just talked to my therapist and he told me this. At least, my therapist is a constant source and remains. I have been through many therapists during the course of the years of these illnesses; but right now I do need some “permanence.”

1 Like

They work at least a little bits. I’m still uncomfortable most of the time though, and I still have negs that won’t let up.

1 Like

I could have punched all three buttons at different times. It took the VA Health System nine years to get me on the right meds, and then only after a non-VA doctor correctly diagnosed me, took me off the meds the VA had prescribed and took me in the diametrically opposite medicinal direction. I had, in fact, been on the wrong meds (anti-D’s). I take an anti-P now, and it works luvly, though the anticholinergic sfx have to be (sort of) dealt with by drinking a lot of clear fluids. I am not “fully functional,” but I am waaaaaaaaaaay better than I was for those nine years in hell.

1 Like

I like the meds I am on now. they help me with being happier and they actually make me feel better. I fear losing them.

I still have symptoms though. but generally I can function quite well.

judy

1 Like

My meds do work some times, I still have problems though. I’d hate to see what I’d be like if I went off my medication though. I’d probably be living in a psych ward talking to myself like when I was first diagnosed.

1 Like

It’s good to see that meds work for most of you. I hope whoever of us are on meds that still can’t cure all positive symptoms, that we find the meds that will work for us 100%. Still for the negative symptoms is amisulpride, it can be taken as a supplementary in a low dose only for negatives. I wish the best to you all.

1 Like