Nuvigil experience

I thought I would update everyone on my experience with Nuvigil. I started taking Nuvigil 3 weeks ago. I started with a 1/2 tab. for 2 weeks but increased to a full tablet 250mg because the 1/2 didn’t do anything. So far no side effects. It’s great! I set my alarm for 5:30am, wake up, pop the pill, go back to sleep. Within 15minutes I’m wide awake and ready to go for the day. ITs TOTALLY AWESOME. My antipsychotic Saphris was making me sleep 12-14hrs a day or more, so I asked my pdoc what we could do about it because I was missing appointments and really unhappy. I feel like I’m not drowsy, have more concentration and energy too. I realized real quicklike to set a bedtime or otherwise I’d be up all night as well. The Saphris still puts me right to sleep. So if anyone else is sleeping a lot and its interfering with your life you might want to ask your pdoc about Provigil or Nuvigil.

2 Likes

I might do that. I know I feel tired all the time. And I sleep a lot.

1 Like

It does have some side effects:
fever, sore throat, headache, and vomiting with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash;the first sign of any type of skin rash, no matter how mild;bruising, severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness;easy bruising or bleeding;mouth sores, trouble swallowing;upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);depression, confusion, hallucinations, aggression, unusual thoughts or behavior;chest pain, uneven heart beats.

So you will have to weigh the pros and cons with your pdoc.

How did you get your doc to prescribe you this?

Are you still taking it?

My pdoc is kind of a pill pusher, I think if he had his way I’d be comatose. At the time I was in school and having a tough time getting and staying up for clinical hours which were 8hour shifts. After a while I realized that the whole 250mg was too much so I started the half pill, with better results. First we tried Strattera but that made me anxious. No I’m not taking it right now. But maybe it would help motivate me right now in this depression I’m in.

It did not increase your positive symptoms?

No. I have been symptom free since I started the Saphris 2.5 years ago. Just trying to deal with negatives since.