Nothing i can do Online?

Another cool idea!

http://www.ed2go.com/online-courses/pleasures-of-poetry?tab=detail

1 Like

@szadmin yeah he isnā€™t the most appropriate comedian

1 Like

Yes - watch it with care. Parental advisory hereā€¦

1 Like

iTunes U is also free and has many interesting things on it.

1 Like

Itā€™s not free. About $100. It really helped my poetry writing.

Im doing my Masters thesis on MOOCsā€¦

1 Like

sweep did an open university course
you can get a fee waiver for this if you receive benefits

http://www.open.ac.uk/

this is another from the same thing only offering free courses
its called openlearn i think

http://www.open.edu/openlearn/

these are good if you have problems with people and cant attend a class etc
you can go at your own pace as well i guess.

sweeps awaiting her results

1 Like

If I did that I could walk for miles without seeing anyone. I have done that. Someone might stop and ask if I need a ride at some point 4 or 5 miles outā€¦

I have never met any friend in those places you mention. Except when I was a teenager walking around the neighborhood or fishing.
I have made a few friends at a job i worked beforeā€¦a few in church, and some online that we would write for awhile then call and meet later at some point. I met one girl camping one time and we became friends who would do stuff together sometimesā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m simply saying itā€™s not likely someone is going to knock on your door while your watching TV or on your computer to make friends.
You have to get yourself outside and meet people face to face. Well, not always, but the chances are greater than if you sat inside all day.

2 Likes

The only person I met face to face was the stalkerā€¦

ā€œTheā€ stalker?
Or ā€œaā€ stalker?
Did you know them? Were they stalking you? What did you do?

that sounds like a joke lol (i hope its a joke) haha

Khan Academy. You can learn different subjects at your own pace and they give you rewards.

1 Like

I donā€™t want to go into it much, because it borders on sounding like paranoia. At least my brothers think so but they have no firsthand knowledge. Iā€™ve told my shrink about it. I donā€™t think he disbelieves me, but I donā€™t want to say too much, or heā€™ll up my Zyprexa.

Someoneā€™s been watching me in my apt. for a year. Thereā€™s subtle horn honking when I do things so Iā€™ll know that he sees me. Or when Iā€™ve gone out to do my laundry which is visible from the road. Or when Iā€™ve gone out to my brotherā€™s car to go somewhere + returned several hours later at night.
Once - one honk outside my window when I was up at 3 am.

About a year ago I saw someone standing outside my living room window looking at me. I got a good look at his face. Last weekend I was walking with my head down. Someone stopped in front of me and said Hi, how are you doing, like he already knew me almost. I looked up + took a good look at the face again. It was the same one. I turned and continued walking. The next two days he was out honking full force, but in a way that likely wonā€™t draw attention.

I looked it up. Thereā€™s a known sex offender living down on the part of the street where he seems to come from - the only one in this area of town.

When I looked at the guyā€™s face I looked at his eyes because the sex offender is listed as having blue eyes. When my eyes crossed his - his eyes darted sideways + closed into slits. Not a normal reaction for someone just being friendly.

If you donā€™t already have a large dog and an alarm system I urge you to get them.

Thanks. Iā€™d like to have the large dog, but I couldnā€™t take care of it.

The alarm system - can you wire windows that you open every day?..and then, what if I was outside + he approached me? I wonder.

If this person has preyed on people in the past it was children 14 and under. Maybe heā€™s not a brazen criminal. Maybe I can outsmart him and heā€™ll lose interest.

That kind of thinking is how you get hurt. You can turn systems on and off. Just turn it off during the day and set it at night.
Buy mace and put your keys in your fist when you see him. (To do the key thing you hold the lanyard the keys are attached to and fit the keys between your fingers and make a fist.)

this might sound dumb but maybe this car horn beeping may just be someone nearby picking someone up, sometimes people do it to alert the person that they are waiting for them so they can come out and get a ride, it could be totally innocent and the other person you have been seeing might not be that person you think he is, it could all be totally innocent.

i would ask myself ā€˜whyā€™ like why would anyone do this? tbh it sounds like a bit of paranoia

i have thought many things like this in the past and it all came to nothing, i thought people were following me in there cars etc but it was all just paranoia, i know it is hard to believe but maybe that is what this is.

still it is a good idea to keep safe anyway so i would agree with the safety measures but i would not rely on them, keep the mace easily accesible and carry a mobile phone with you, these things could give you a bit of security when out if you are afraid something might happen. hope this helps x

Iā€™m a person of inaction. Itā€™s hard for me to think about anything or how to do anythingā€¦ I have a thought disorder I do keep my cell phone in my pocket at all times, even when Iā€™m sleeping. I am taking some precautions with windows and blinds. I thought about mace. Iā€™m afraid I would set it off on me.

Iā€™m not answering the paranoia subject because I canā€™t put it into words. I can say the horn honks are in a pattern over days and months and itā€™s always the same honk/beep sound. They arenā€™t as loud and the same rythym as someone honking for someone to come out or the honk when you lock your car door

They started out in a series of three beeps.