Meds and school

Hi, I’m currently changing from Seroquel to Abilify, and not without problems. First of all, I feel weird, maybe a bit psychothic? Also, I’m so tired! 8-9 hours are not nearly enough, I have zero energy. This make going to school, doing homework really difficult. I have tried going to bed earlier, but I have to get 6:30 at the latest to get to school at 8 :confused:
I talked to my doctor, but she really wants me to be on Abilify. I don’t know…

Anything I can do to make it easier?

Was there anything wrong with the seroquel, why the change?

I went from seroquel to abilify , and was on both for a short while. It can take a few months to completely adjust to the change.

Because of wheight gain :frowning:

Abilify gave me energy. I got an increase in physical strength from the drug. It got me a little too amped up, though. I think a lot of people get that. They had to take me off it.

I felt that on a low dosage, but then I got a lot of anxiety and restlessness. Right now I’m on 300 mg Sero. and 12,5 mg Abi. Maybe that’s why I’m so tired.

Seroquel is very sedating for some people. I don’t really feel it, but some people do.

1 Like

One trick you can do with Seroquel is take it ALL at night.
then in the morning you’re all fresh and don’t feel the sedation kick when you take seroquel in the day.
It has a 6 hour half life, so it can wear off.