Latuda causing depression?

Has anyone experienced bouts of depression and low mood on Latuda? I am experiencing this and I am on 80 mg.

Hi @Rayne - Odd, because Latuda was designed to help lift people up from depression, it is FDA approved for bipolar depression.
Were you depressed before you went on Latuda? Maybe you need some more time for it to work or need to raise the dose?
Or maybe it is causing depression, and you may have to switch meds - It is best to mention this to your pdoc - Good luck!

Thanks wave. I did mention it to my pdoc last week but he didn’t want to make any changes as he is away this week and couldn’t moniter the changes. I will talk to him next week and see what he says. Thanks!

1 Like

I’m on 80 mg Latuda due to my deep lean towards negative symptoms. I have a small Seroquel chaser to keep the wheel in my head from spinning too fast.

when I feel empty and unmotivated and lethargic… I always think negative swing before I think the meds aren’t working.

I’m glad your going to keep on eye on the moods and talk to the doc. Good luck and I hope you feel better.

1 Like