Ideas for making friends

I’ve done online dating, but didn’t really want to jump in bed with guys, just wanted conversation and being there for each other.

They have a drop in center for disabled in my area, but you need a referral to go there.

The Meet Ups are all young single people.

I have done some book discussions, but they all got into about me losing weight, and made me feel like I had something to be ashamed of.

I don’t know, what else can I try?

2 Likes

Volunteering maybe?

2 Likes

Maybe try a physical activity so people will not judge you for being overweight and also make new friends. I would say something violent like kickboxing or MMA or Krav Maga but most people are repulsed by fighting. I like it a lot. I quit though- I got a little sick of how much it invades your life to be a fighter. Fighting is serious. If you are a fighter, you eat sleep piss and ■■■■ that lifestyle. And workout excessively and are extremely prone to injury. I’ve had a few injuries let’s see: cracked rib, broken knuckle, broken nose with deviated septum, eye got poked and was stuck looking to my right for a couple minutes then it snapped back in place, actually broken knuckle twice, and ■■■■■■ up toenail from two kicks hitting each other.

Just go to yoga or something.

And do not join a powerlifting team. I did that too.

Just lift weights with friends like I do. And jump rope and work abs. And do pull ups. Drink a gallon of water and eat about 200g of protein a day.

The lifting callouses make lonely nights even more ■■■■■■ up.

Just join a fitness class at the nearest nice gym like a YMCA or something. Crossfit is a cult and they charge way too much money. All exercise gets cultish in extremes. That’s why I go to the YMCA and workout with friends or alone. No taking orders, no dangerous exercises, no violence.

You might try church, if you’re not an atheist. I would keep trying the book discussions. Maybe somebody will come along who will fulfill your needs.

1 Like

Thanks for replies I do all those things yes but I guess I don’t seem desperate enough or clingy enough to be established friends hehe anyway I’ll work on it.

Though you may feel you are respected more by being so called “hot” it is actually self-defeating for a woman to try to gain that kind of respect on some kind of animal level of sex appeal and not based on attributes that sustain the mind soul and spirit more in tune with her true nature. The impulses of society say you can never be too rich or too thin and unfortunately women who buy these claims end up killing themselves slowly thru eating disorders or trying to fit into images cut out for them to be popular.

1 Like

I’ve done classes at a community center for periods of time. I don’t live near one now.

There are people who are into bigger girls. You just have to look in the right places.

To be honest though, I’d stick with in real life. I like to give people time to really get to know me so they can see I can be crazy in good ways as well as bad. I’ve been told I’m very funny (my humor doesn’t translate well into print).

1 Like

I never dated anyone from a community art class… but I did meet some people who become friends for a while… (until they moved away)

Art classes for me have been good because everyone is learning… and being judgey and critical is discouraged.

Community Centers and libraries have a lot of interest groups or inexpensive classes. Or free events. My life would be so cut off if I wasn’t near a good library.

1 Like

There are some good friendship seeking sites that link u with other straight singles for purely friendship to go out with socially

really? What are they? I’d like to check that out.

J, my friends are mostly artists, and that’s cool to keep meeting people that way.

I totally agree about the library! I use it both in person and online, great things for both kids and adults.

1 Like

Don’t know what country u are in
Here in the uk check out
Together friends.com. Or
Girlfriend social

ok, thanks, will do!

I hope you aren’t offended but since you want to stop drinking AA would be a great place to make friends? you would be assigned a sponsor once you join and that is one friend right off the bat? just an idea.

I’m not overweight, actually.

I work out just about every day.

But I just wanted to speak for all women, that image is such a farce.

Yes, I prefer real life too, and I am friends with everybody. I just don’t keep them.

Yeah, thanks, Jukebox, I will look into that as soon as I finished this 12-pk in the fridge!

Ha, :smile:

1 Like

I have met a few guy in their mid 30s and one at his 40s in meetup for social anxiety and depression group

1 Like

Cool how do I find out about those groups? I’m just ok in groups would rather have one or two friends to talk to every day.

I find them in meetup.com,hope you can try,go to the group your most comfortable and slowly expand

I had been to boardgames,trip around my town(I drive) and also clubbing…

1 Like