I feel paranoid about this guy but i like him

he asks me things about money, how much i save, earn etc, who pays the mortage?.. but i don’t know if these are appropriate things to ask someone… apart from this he treats me right and i couldn’t be happier. everyone else is telling me be wary (these people not met him though)

It probably seems a little soon to be delving into money questions. If he’s asking you, I hope you’re firing back the same line of questioning to him.

Other than that, everything else you’ve written about him seems great.

You could always stop him and ask him why he is asking you money questions too.

4 Likes

He told me his salary I didn’t ask. Also he seems like he spends a lot on his friends etc and on lottery tix

Probably a little early to be discussing money matters, but make sure you do at some point, getting in to deep with someone that has money issues could be costly. Most couples don’t then end up in trouble down the road.

1 Like

If he is sending off warning bells in your head, it might be a good idea to listen to them. He might just be making sure you’re financially responsible. Or, he might be looking for someone he can manipulate into paying his bills for him.

1 Like

Even asking a girl about his properties is not right, its the soul of a girl which must matters for a guy who is polite and grown enough and knows what is really precious in a girl. The real property of every human being and specifically a girl is the clean soul. After that anything will come naturally so you are not paranoid about this guy you are just understanding his attitude toward yourself.

I would say tread carefully. Don’t get too committed before you find out what this guy is about.

1 Like

usually people (both MI and not MI people) aren’t into other MI people… so that alone would dissuade me from trying to be with the dude. but I think that probably applies more to men who are trying to find a mate, at least.

then again a man might accept a MI person, just to take advantage of that person’s MI. I heard stories about that from a lot of people including @dazedandconfused, @qwertie, and I think @Daze. :thinking:

lottery tickets might be a red flag for me. gambling can be a big big problem.

1 Like

At least he spends a lot on his friends. He might really treat you if he hasn’t already. Does he already take you out to nice places to eat and stuff like that?

Just listen to ur gut instinct

It could be a setup. Taking advantage of the mentally ill.

Have lived with partners We never discussed how much we earned although shared most bills. I wouldn’t discus it unless it was for buying a house (a joint loan) to be honest and see no reason to otherwise.

Be careful.

is it just me, or do you have quite the social life?

True. I have talked to mum about taking the house of my name she agrees. I own a 1/3 share of the house. I have not told him. When he asked about earnings I just said I don’t earn as much but I am happy with my job.

2 Likes

I don’t. Lol. Maybe it appears that way I do go out from time to time maybe more so these days.

hey, look at what how frequently most schizophrenics date. i know that, as you improve, you want to gauge yourself by how normal people live, but give yourself some credit too.

1 Like

Plus he’s asked me to meet his family. Good sign? Or no?

Strikes me as you don’t get rid of the house, you get rid of the guy, Don’t want to sound to harsh, but taking it out of your name leaves you open to all sorts of legal and tax issues, I would just keep it in your name and have a longer courtship to see what he is really like. I always found when dating it takes up to three months for the real person your dating to be comfortable, then their real personality shows up.

Just my humble opinion

1 Like