How do I convince the mother in law

That we shouldn’t visit her this weekend?

Google weather is telling me it’s gonna be rain and thunderstorms all weekend.

I do NOT want to drive in the rain here on the freeway/highway. When it rains here it POURS!

Also, I don’t want to just be sitting in her house all weekend honestly.

ALSO! If it rains all weekend here at our house and at the mother in laws, we could come back to our yard flooded and not be able to get to our house… yes, our yard and driveway floods when it rains…

I’ve told the mother in law that Google weather is saying the weather is gonna be bad…

But she’s insisting that her weather app is right and that the weather is gonna be fine :roll_eyes:

She will not take no for an answer.

I don’t know what to say to her to get her to understand……

Could it be that the weather forecast is different because the location is different?

Can you get her app and take a screenshot of the weather at your location as predicted by her app?

Perhaps you could reach some sort of compromise like your wife/husband goes to the mother in law’s home but you stay and guard the fort?

Tim

1 Like

Let’s be real here. Weather has nothing to do with this. You just don’t want wanna go. :joy:

That’s really okay though. You gave her a valid reason. It’s up to her whether she accepts the reason. You don’t need to convince her otherwise. That’s not your job. Just like it’s not her job to demand a valid reason from you. She should accept it and move on.

Try not to stress about it. Don’t let her make you feel guilty about it. Some people are manipulative like that unfortunately. You can always go some other time.