How bad is latuda aggression?

Im about to start latuda and people have me nervous about the aggression. Im looking for a weight nuetral medicine and latuda sounded too good to be true. How bad is the aggression?

I was on Latuda for a short while. The whole time I was on it I was angry, but it was nothing dangerous. Looking back on it I think the anger could have been from withdrawal from Geodon and Seroquel.

I took anger management classes during my transfer to latuda… my anger had nothing to do with the meds… I was angry about a lot of stuff

But Latuda alone … I got very manic… which felt pretty good.

So some of the Seroquel got added back to bring me back down.

It’s been a good drug for me… I had a lot of negative swings.

I wouldn’t advise starting out on Latuda in combo with any SSRI anti-D, but if you’re a Type B and more of an easy-going person to begin with (not to mention having negative symptoms), as opposed to a Type A hypomanic driver, you’ll probably be okay… based on what I have seen in pts on Ll, as well as read.

Latuda causing Aggression? Wow, now I am really glad that I did not go ahead and try Latuda.

Seriously, Aggression is not even a well known side effect of Latuda.

It may cause Akathisia, Anxiety, Mania or overall Agitation which may lead to more aggressive behavior.

All Antipsychotics have side effects, overall Latuda is one of the more “safer” drugs out there

I was moody on latuda and now have major aggression coming off of it.

Oh my god. Latuda causes aggression? My psychiatrist never told me this. He is putting me on a mood stabilizer because of my anger issues as of today in fact.

Think you could do anger management work in a workbook? There are several pretty good ones.

2 Likes

I tried an anger management workshop but it didn’t help. It’s been like this for past 1.5 years, so he is putting me on Epival.

There are a lot of different approaches. I did five before I found one that actually produced lasting results. But what worked for me might not for others, and what didn’t might work of others.

I did group talk (to increase self-awareness), group behavior modification, two forms of workbook CBT, an MBBT workbook and an ACT workbook. The last two seem to have accomplished a lot.

What Mood stabilizer did your Doc put you on?

Epival. I finally accepted his diagnosis, so now I am taking it again.

Does it help for you?

I second this - there are a number of different approaches. CBT-based approaches are well proven by research I believe.

Also - some related information:

I’ve been taking Latuda for almost 2 months now and I haven’t noticed any side effects at all. The only thing is involuntary movements when I’m trying to go to sleep. But not too severe but I don’t feel agitated or angry at all.

I don’t know really. Most of the time I am not aggressive but lately I have been feeling this heavy weight on my chest. I don’t know what it is, so I decided to take it again.

I’ve been taking Latuda for about 2 years & I noticed an increase in my anger. I was angry to begin with & the lamictal helped a lot. I forget why we added the another mood stabilizer but once I started taking the Latuda I’m became so short fused. I hate it. I’m going to talk to my psychiatrist about taking me off & putting me back on rexulti. If I don’t take the Latuda, I am so so so anxious. Anxious to where I can’t eat & my GI is just messed up. I tried for 2 months & couldn’t stand the weight loss anymore.

Hi @megiepoo Welcome to the forums.

Typically, we like to leave inactive threads alone and just start a new thread instead. This is different than how some forums are run, but we do it this way because it frequently upsets users to have old topics revived when they are no longer relevant. It can also be frustrating to the person who revived the thread when they don’t get a reply, because the original poster is no longer active or no longer finds the topic relevant. Feel free to start a new thread on this topic.

Thanks,

Rogueone.
Volunteer Moderator