Ginko Biloba and Schizophrenia

I’ve taken Ginko Biloba before, and it did seem to increase my mental sharpness. However, I am taking Sarcosine and omega-3 right now, and that is about all I can afford. If I had the money I would take Ginko Biloba too.

1 Like

Well that sucks. Different bodies, different reactions I suppose.

1 Like

Really? All the studies I found said it’s good for positive and negative symptoms, I posted two.
They’re still waiting for the results with new atypicals though, so I’m experimenting. So far I’ve been doing great, no symptoms. I still had a few and they were bothering me, my mind feels much sharper now since I started taking it. Reduced my caffeine intake to one coffee in the morning only, because it gives me some energy. I’m not manic either, just with more mental energy. Not perfect, not a miracle, still difficult to do some tasks like cleaning and cooking, I was much better a few months ago, now I don’t feel the energy for everything, I have to study a lot everyday and it kind of drains me a bit.
I need more will power, there’s no pill for that :smile:

2 Likes

Believe me, I would take ginko biloba if I could, I need more energy but my pdoc was very clear about it. NO herbal supplements. I hope you do well.

1 Like

That would leave my son out.

I would give it a try. I had command hulucinations in the past. I was feeling some of that comeback for a day . It’s probably safer than tylenol, advil and nyquil which I take without problems. It’s like geodon works for some but not others. Make sure you are relitively stable before trying. Zyprexa works well for me but I have to live without a sex drive.

I’m going to try ginkgo too, thanks for sharing this with us.

I’ve had a bottle here for months, gonna try it before this Strattera stuff.

I take natures way brain and memory booster.

Fish oil natural 1000mg

Providing beneficial Omega-3 triglycerides 300mg as:
Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) 180mg
Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) 120mg
Pyridoxine hydrochloride (Vit B6) 10mg
Glutamine 100mg
Folic acid 100mcg
Cyanocobalamin (Vit B12) 100mcg

Ginkgo Biloba (Ginkgo) extract:
Equiv. To dry leaf 3000mg
Equiv. Ginkgo flavonglycosides 14.4mg
Equiv. Ginkgolides and Bilobalide 3.6mg

Had noticed dramatic improvement with the negatives when I first took it. Think I’ve been on it for something like 9 years now. Cheap at the local supermarket so not a big money drainer. Which is always good.

1 Like

U take a lot dreamy…!!!
i am also trying some of them …!!!

I can’t remember if it was this or another drug, but I tried it and it increased my anxiety. Had to stop taking it.

Take a few things else a Cenovis Once Daily Men’s Multi Value Pack also tons more. Evidence is they help with sz also.

Hard thing is some double up.

Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 120mg
Iron (as Ferrous Fumarate) 5mg
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine Nitrate) 4mg
Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 5mcg
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavine) 4mg
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) 5mg
Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide) 36mg
Vitamin B5 (Calcium Pantothenate) 13mg
Zinc (as Oxide) 15mg
Calcium (as Carbonate) 170mg
Vitamin A (Retinyl Palmitate 600mcg R.E.) 2000IU
Vitamin E (dl-alpha-tocopheryl acetate 18.2mg) 20IU
Magnesium (as Oxide heavy) 50mg
Folic Acid 300mcg
Betacarotene 1.2mg
Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol 200IU) 5mcg
Citrus Bioflavonoids Extract 2mg
Vitamin H (Biotin) 150mcg
Vitamin K1 (Phytomenadione) 36mcg
Iodine (as Potassium Iodide) 150mcg
Copper (as Cupric Sulfate Anhydrous) 1mg
Chromium (as Picolinate) 25mcg
Manganese (as Sulfate Monohydrate) 1mg
Selenium (as Selenomethionine) 25mcg
Boron (as Boic acide) 1mg
Lysine (as Hydrochloride 6.25mg) 5mg
Fish Oil - Natural 420mg

Some of those levels seem wrong. Coping and pasting from the internet. Seems off and not at home to correct them.

1 Like

I tried ginkgo many times and I have lots in the cupboard, but it made my symptoms worse sadly. I still take it now and then but it does absolutely nothing for my schizophrenia.

1 Like