Ginko Biloba and Schizophrenia

Hey guys. So recently I started taking a Ginko Biloba supplement, since I started classes and asked what was the best supplement to increase focus on classes. They told me Ginko Biloba so I tried it.

Since I started taking it I’ve been feeling really well, with a reduction of my positive and negative symptoms that is noticeable.

I have more energy, more concentration in classes and it’s easier for me to spend long hours studying. Also, and most importantly, I have no symptoms since the third day of taking it. I still had intrusive thoughts and some residual delusions but that’s gone.

Just wanted to share my experience, maybe it can also help some of you.

I’m on Invega 75mg monthly shot, I also take Inderal for the shakes and Omega 3 and Ginko Biloba supplements.

Also found this:

and this
http://sbxsupplements.com/blog/Latest-News-on-Ginkgo-Biloba-and-Schizophrenia

8 Likes

might try it, is it dangerous in any way?

my pdoc says it’s fine

1 Like

i’m going to see if i can get some right now :slight_smile: x

2 Likes

Good luck, let me know afterwards.

1 Like

I am glad that its working for you @Minnii :smile:

2 Likes

Thank you @Wave, always so kind :smile:

1 Like

just tried it, it was rather expensive but if it helps i am all for it, do you think i could get it free from the nhs? lol probably not but i might ask anyway x

I have no idea how it works in the UK, here noone helps :weary: lol… It’s expensive here too.

i got 240 tablets at 60mg each for £26 and i think i’ve to take twice a day with food so in morning and at night

I got a little jar with 60 pills, with 135mg, I take it with breakfast.

It was about 30euros.

1 Like

It can be.

1 Like

i can feel the difference already :slight_smile: i think i am more focused x

1 Like

Thanks for that. My pdoc only told me that it’s not advisable during pregnancy.

1 Like

guess i am safe then lol

1 Like

I used it for about a year during the 80’s and thought it was helpful in the same way you have, however it was expensive then, as now, and it seemed like the effects were diminishing so I stopped using it after that.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your experience. Yep, let’s see for how long I can take it.

I tried gingko for sex drive. I also tried maca, horny goat weed. They all screwed me up mentally and phisically. I can’t even take a multi vitamin as that screws me up mentally and phisically as well. I am glad this works for you though.

Ginko I was told is bad for schizophrenics along with all the other herbal supplements. I was told this by my pdoc a long time ago. before I was ill I was a strong believer in Ginko. I miss it. good luck but be careful.

1 Like