Favourite Food

I don’t drink and have never tried it with alcohol but that sounds like a good chaser.

1 Like

Rather fond of peanut butter and honey sandwiches. Good quality bread, peanut butter and honey makes the difference here. I’ve always preferred it to the Americans peanut butter and jelly (or jam as most of us call it).

2 Likes

For me, perhaps “La Paella”; it is a dish Spaniard which contains yellow rice, chicken, shrimps, clams, pork, it is delicious, mmmmhhhh!!!
Tolteca.

1 Like

Bacon sandwich with brown sauce

2 Likes

Plain white bagels with whipped cream cheese. I lightly warm them in the microwave then spread. I think I crave it so heavily because of how much iron is in it; ~15% DV per one bagel.

1 Like

Spicy squid from Shueng Cheng in Minneapolis. :blowfish:

1 Like

I like Chinese food and tomato sandwiches with Hellman’s mayonnaise…those are my ‘comfort’ foods.

2 Likes

My all time favorite food is lasagna (without mushrooms).

2 Likes

Also sushi!! Yummmm

1 Like

Chicken tIkka masala and other indian foods have blown my mind in the past. Spicy in the good way.

Naan bread is good too.

2 Likes

have you tried butter chicken?

I don’t know. Like battered and fried?

I looked it up. I’ll have to see if the local indian place has it.

I don’t know how it’s made but an Indian speciality, I had that once. I also really like the lentil dal they have! yummy.

Am partial to haggis (if you don’t know what that is don’t look up the ingredients - you wouldn’t want to eat it if you know what’s in it!).

It is the national dish of Scotland.

2 Likes

I guess they call it butter chicken because butter is added to the curry. I don’t know if that is usual.

@Jimbob haggis does not sound good.

2 Likes

Everyone who tries haggis loves it - until they read the ingredients. Don’t think it is available in America due to food regulations.

2 Likes

I’ve heard about it. It’s too late for me.

1 Like

I would absolutely try it. I’ve tried a lot of weird foods. I’m lebanese, we eat some crazy stuff also. There’s a dish made of animal intestines.

1 Like

Well haggis is cooked in a sheeps stomach so you are pretty close. The haggis itself is full of spices, salt and pepper. Think you would enjoy it.

1 Like

Sheep’s heart, liver and lungs, and stomach (or sausage casing); onion, oatmeal, suet, spices

2 Likes