Favourite Food

What is your most favourite food that you can eat everyday? It could be anything, something you ate at the restaurant, something your mom made when you were little. If you have a recipe, share!

My current favourite would be tagliatelli with chicken. I add gruyere and mozzarella on top and make a sauce with milk and butter. It’s heavenly. I’m gonna make it on monday.

3 Likes

I love curry, i make a delicious green curry :stuck_out_tongue: … but also Italian food, thai food, portuguese food is also very good. I like food lol

1 Like

I do like curry too but I don’t eat it that often. I tried eating snails the other day, do you like 'em?

can you tell me how you make the green curry?

Not really, used too, with a beer. Now I can’t stand it

The green curry, it’s vegetarian, I have a special curry mix that I bought at a special shop. I salté the unions with garlic, ginger and tumeric, add the vegetables, coconut milk some cummins and salt and let it cook. Pretty easy

1 Like

anything with noodles… love noodles… of all kinds…

Also … salmon sushi…

1 Like

I’m half Italian, so I love pasta of any kind - Believe it or not, I love chicken nuggets and I implement it into my diet.

I get the healthier kind - no hormones, lower salt etc…

1 Like

Wow me and @Wave wave have so much in common Lol. Both half italian, schizo-affective, gemini and more.

My favorite food is fried chicken though. With lots of hot sauce.

I think wave is my long lost twin.

2 Likes

I like a good Chinese food buffet. I know it’s Americanized, but it’s good. I guess that is typical of a lot of Americans.

2 Likes

Chicken arbiatta
Any pasta with tomato sauce

2 Likes

Cinnamon rolls
I could eat all the cinnamon rolls in the world

1 Like

French fries. Followed by ice cream.

Pixel.

1 Like

@pixel do you make french fries at your home or at a resto? I noticed, the french fries I make when I buy whole potatoes/slice them and deep fry them at home, they taste much better than the frozen ones that go in the oven.

I make my own occasionally. Have a small home deep fryer. Also own 3x ice cream makers plus have a freezing bowl for our Kitchen Aid mixer that lets it serve as a fourth ice cream maker. I teach ice cream making occasionally in our community and find it handy to have all the makers.

I cut my own russet potatoes for french fries, soak them in water for an hour to remove starch, and then use the Alton Brown double fry method:

They are fluffy tender on the inside and have a nice crunch on the outside.

Pixel.

1 Like

Chips and chicken mushroom pie from chippie

2 Likes

I am fund of Lebanese cuisine, kabab, taboule, fatouch, hummus, French fries. I wouldn’t mind a Pepsi. Also a traditional dish from Jordan called mansaf. Yummy

1 Like

delish! mansaf looks really good. I’m flying to beirut on september 10 with royal jordanian, I could’ve stayed in jordan for sometime but not really into adventure right now as I’m changing meds. maybe some day!

I don’t think you, a Lebanese living in the west will prefer to eat mansaf again if you try it for the first time, you either grow up with it or you won’t understand how we eat it. By the way, it is rise, meet and we pour cooked yoghurt on it and use our hands to eat. Just a glance. :joy::sunglasses:

1 Like

I don’t know if I have a “favorite” but I will put some of the ones I like. Horchata, those thai curry flavor from buffalo wild wings. I would also like to try brain, it sounds delicious on a sandwhich.

yummy horchata looks delicious. I would definitely try it. Can you mix alcohol with it?

I’ve had brain patties before, I don’t like the texture.

1 Like