Double Bookeeping - Very interesting - Thoughts?

“Double bookkeeping” :
refers to the patient’s ability to, as it were, live in two worlds at the same time.
On the one hand is the world of voices, visions, and delusions, and on the other hand, and quite coincident with this psychotic world, is the world as perceived by others. To the patient both worlds seem quite real.

That’s a pretty cool term. Really applies to me. On one hand there is telepathy and they’re all reading my mind. On the other hand there is the reality that they are not or at least they are damn good at carrying on like they are not. Little coincidences every now and then bring the two worlds together and suddenly they are reading my mind and sending me messages and they are damn good at acting like nothing is happening.

1 Like

I find this very helpful in my research to finding topics that deal with sz. I will read it and research further.

Thank you for bumping this. It’s really good.

I’d never heard it used that way. It’s a fraud term. Like in The Shawshank Redemption. Interesting. Thanks!

Well then the term should be changed because it’s not fraud…

I think it’s more technically called two sets of books for fraud. So slightly different.

1 Like