Does being diagnosed with an intellectual disability mean I'm boring?

Does it mean I’m one dimensional, no depth in conversation or with no sense of honour or personality.

I have differently met people like this in other group homes. I’m worried if I am boring also?

I mean there are plenty of smart people who are also boring. One of my sisters is mentally handicapped and while we don’t have deep conversations about quantum mechanics, I really enjoy her company very much and we always laugh together about life.

3 Likes

Just be kind. Life is hard enough without mental illness… do t beat yourself up man. I’m sure many people find you interesting

1 Like

When I was like 23 I was seeing this girl who was in a Catholic college and a Catholic girl herself. I tried to impress her one day with my knowledge of physics by telling her that thomas aquinas discovered gravity :joy: she didn’t have a lot to say after that

Point being… you probably never failed that hard bro… cut yourself some slack frfr

2 Likes

Bobbi you are so interesting and exciting to talk to and you must know that my IQ has dropped with 30 points after getting treated for 30 years.
You shall be wellcome.

1 Like

No, not at all.

1 Like