Does anyone else have problems with food

@Jesspresso I’m sorry you aren’t getting the help you need. That’s happened to me as well and it’s an awful, disheartening feeling. Again, I was way too harsh about what I said before. In the past I also really struggled with an eating disorder and I know it’s not as simple as just eating more. I hope we can both get the proper medical attention we need so we can become healthier.

2 Likes

I don’t hallucinate anything in my food, but when I first became psychotic I used to vomit after eating. This was before I started taking meds.

1 Like

I dont see bugs (not in my food, anyhow) but sometimes I think / feel / know / am warned by voices that food is rotten or poisoned. This happens whether I’m super hungry and excited to eat, or if I have no appetite and am trying to make myself eat to stick to routine.

I try to keep foods in the house that are easy to prepare, healthy-ish, and quick to make to combat these episodes. The local Aldi’s has this really tasty chicken salad, for example, so I try to pick that up for easy sandwiches. Soup and cheese and crackers are other good ones.

If I can’t see the ingredients in the food, there’s a higher chance of it being “rotten”. But I don’t always have the energy to prep fresh food.

There have been times I’ve thrown out food or thrown up after eating because of this.

2 Likes

I actually didn’t eat yesterday because I wasn’t able to and I was worried that my drinks were poisoned all day so I feel kinda sick right now but I think you’ve got some good ideas there cheese and crackers I should be able to eat! So I think I’m going to try that when I get home. Like you I need to be able to see the ingredients but I find I also have to avoid certain textures cause if anything is like juicy and crunchy (like apples or pickles) my mind is instantly just like “BUGS” and I die so idk if soup would work. Maybe if it’s broth? Small bowl of chicken broth with cheese and crackers it sounds good it’s not much but it’s something!(sorry I’m hungry :sweat_smile: ) Thank you! Do you have any other go to foods when things are rough??

Oh wow was there any reason why like did you force yourself to vomit or were you like scared of something in your food? How did you cope with that?

I thought it was poisonous, but my parents forced me to eat it, so I would vomit it all out afterwards. So I guess that was a delusion that I had.

2 Likes

I haven’t been eating well in weeks.

Finally got my life set up and I will say that the fiber has paid off. Glorious amount of release instead of the ongoing induced by alcohol IBS.

(ahhhh ah ahh ahh wait till I get my fiber right)

I am always cautious with my food and drinks.
Always afraid that others could be tampering with my food and drugging it.
I’m pretty sure that it’s an OCD/Schiz symptom.

3 Likes

My problem is that i cant eat salted pumpkin seeds before a date.

Salted pumpkin seeds???

Yes they are really good. I buy them at the store with peels on…and then i take a peel off with my teeth. Its really antistress.

1 Like

U see bugs in ur food? i dont get it oO

I’ve been in the hospital for an ED, and from everything I’ve been taught, I don’t recommend safe foods only, especially if they don’t work. I have ARFID, which is an anxiety produced ED (and also very new so most doctors don’t know what I’m talking about), and what they did to make me eat was this:

Little by little they would have me eat the food I’m scared of, sometimes right away, other days just safe foods, but what was important is that I forced myself to eat “bad” foods. It was painful and horrible, I’m not going to sugarcoat it, but the more you expose yourself to your fears, the more you realize it’s not there, and you can eat.
For a while I wouldn’t eat soft foods because I thought they were worms or organs. It’s hell, once your body realizes it’s dying. But if all you can do for now is eat safe foods, just make sure they’re good for you. Best of wishes

1 Like

it sounds like you have a very similar eating disorder to me. I try to eat the bad foods but sometimes its too much I’m definitely better than I was though. But the other day I just could not deal with it.

Thank you so much for sharing I feel a lot better about it now and hopefully we both recover! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.