Does anyone else have problems with food

I keep seeing bugs in my food. Anybody else have this problem/ how do you deal with it?

I’m sorry this is happening to you! Is it with all foods? If I were you I would try and eat some comfort food you really enjoy, even if it’s not too healthy. Or maybe if your having troubles still with eating solid food, try a smoothie? I’m sorry I wish I was more help, I always feel bugs on my skin but I’ve never experienced seeing bugs in my food.

3 Likes

Thank you I haven’t tried smoothies that’s actually a good idea! But yeah a lot of foods I just see pieces of insects and I’m hoping it’s not real but it’s just so gross :fearful: I get the feeling of bugs crawling on me too I know how uncomfortable it is. Thank you for the suggestion :smiley:

3 Likes

I have issues where I need to get two of things or buy them in pairs due to the main voice in my head. It nudges me to buy stuff. “Get this! I want one too. Get another for later.” So I’ll leave the dollar store with four bottles of pop and a bunch of chocolate because he won’'t shut up.

2 Likes

I have a voice like that too he’s horrible for my impulse spending he also tries to get me to steal things(i never steal things). But I’m getting better at ignoring him. But I used to do the same thing It’s such a pain!

Yeah, they must have used solid gold fertilizer laced with diamonds to grow cantaloupes in around here. A bloody cantaloupe goes for $5.00 here. It’s ridiculous.

Sometimes a lack of appetite but also other concerns with food. Not bugs though.

Yep going with comfort food is excellent. That’s what I did when I couldn’t eat. I hardly ever eat “junk” or feast out. I eat very healthy. But it was easier to get something already prepared for me and also something that just tasted really good.

Feel better.

3 Likes

I’m allowed to have meal replacement drinks, porridge, soup, salad and vegetables. Other things I get shouted at and punished for eating :frowning:

1 Like

Well unfortunately comfort food doesn’t really work I kept worrying that things were in it just hidden better. But I was able to eat some ramen cause it’s Mainly broth. And I could inspect the noodles before eating them! But I’m super glad that it worked for you! Thank you for sharing!

And thank you I do feel a bit better now.

Oh my gosh that’s all you’re allowed to eat?! Who’s shouting at/ punishing you? Cause that is most definitely not enough for anyone to stay healthy.

I eat some other things too because I like them and my family make me, but it’s difficult.

I don’t know who is shouting, it’s all in my head.

1 Like

Well I’m glad you do eat some other things.
Is there anything you can do to to fight the voices? Like what do they do/ say? If I’m asking anything uncomfortable just let me know. I don’t want to upset you at all.

They say bad things are going to happen to me and that I’m fat and a failure, things like that.

1 Like

Well I want you to know first of all that they are totally wrong you are not fat or a failure, which I know probably doesn’t really help much but I just want you to know that. Have you ever tried to talk back to them? I found that arguing with my voices sometimes gets them to back off.

2 Likes

When I was psychotic the voices said I wasn’t worthy of eating because it was my parents money paying for the food and not me. I had to sneak the food down my throat but the voices always saw. I had like a whole ritual if I did x y and z I can take a bite. it was weird. I was acting strangely 24/7 in those days

3 Likes

Are you better now? I’m sorry that happened to you it sounds exhausting! My voices tell me that I don’t deserve food a lot cause it’s not mine (like i didnt pay for it) and I’m already fat. Most of the time I can ignore them but lately they’ve been getting to me. Thank you for sharing :slight_smile:

Could a mod maybe just delete my post? I tried but I was unable too and now I’m embarrassed of what I said and worried that I’ll hurt her feelings. :confounded: :sweat:

1 Like

Thanks @Noise , think I might go on a walk and listen to my music loud and try and get less emotional… my blood feels like boiling hot water right now, keep going through cycles of anger then anxiety.

1 Like

I think the delete post button is in the dots or maybe you could just edit the post? Sorry I just want to help! But I hope your walk makes you feel better maybe it’ll help burn up some energy!

1 Like

Hey don’t worry, even me and my family think I should be in a hospital but my crappy mental health team keep saying I’m fine and getting better so I’m not receiving any proper care even when I’m reaching out for it.

1 Like