Do you throw food away

For quite a while I wouldn’t eat anything that I didn’t make, or if I had to leave it and come back to finish it, I would just say I was full and give it to someone else.
I still do not drink anything if it hasn’t been in my view the whole time, but, that could be because I have 6 curious indoor cats that love to drink out of any glass left out.

Freezers are good places to store food. Years ago we used to pick berries, all kinds of berries, and mushrooms and we stored these over winters. It was nice to take some berries from the freezer and then make some wine and then take some mushrooms and cook these in the middle of the winter. Of course, ‘modern people’ do not do this so much any longer, but those were some fun times.

1 Like

i have. a lot. even now i’m wary of things that are packaged or that i don’t have control over. when i’m not medicated i eat very very little.

I don’t like to throw food away unless it’s gone bad.

1 Like

I cook everything I eat myself, and being one person, a lot of times the package is too big for a single person, so I end up throwing out a lot of food after it goes bad.

Western societies commit blasphemous waste.

I never throw food away.

I eat everything on plate…

If there are leftovers in the fridge or some fruit or vegetables that start going bad, these still do not get thrown away.
In some cases the animals will eat it if it’s not really spoiled but is just getting old.
Anything else gets composted in the compost bins or directly into the garden.

No food at all ever goes in the trash can.

1 Like