Do you hear voices in form of songs inside your head?

It works for me and I’m diagnosed with schizophrenia. It also helps that I take my medications as directed.

1 Like

I get awful earworms. I find the best way to get rid of them is to replace them with another song that is in a different key, different tempo, etc.

3 Likes

I have threads of constantly reoccurring lyrics in my head from the music of the early 70’s.

2 Likes

My primary hallucinations are music. Now on meds, I have music in my head but it’s just music - no meaning behind it or anything.

I’m hearing “Don’t let me down” of the Beatles inside my head… Right now. Who needs radio?

Isn’t this a wonderful gift of the SZ? I used to hear what sounded like radio signals myself years ago.

1 Like

That was the case many years ago. But the best part was the excellent and crisp stereo quality. The overall performance was much better than what one can hear using just ones ears.

2 Likes

I get this a lot. Sometimes it’s not just music, but also sentences my brain makes up, over and over. Sometimes, random dialogue from movies my brain decides to accidentally memorize.
I recently I had “You can’t stop the thunderbolt!” Go over and over in my head from the Ready 2 Rumble, N64 boxing game I haven’t played since I was a kid. It sas stuck with that whole day and it drove me mad.

Sometimes I hear voices of someone that I know or voices of documentary that I watched.

This happen to me most of the time. Luckily i don’t hear any voices other than music now. But sometimes it is a bit disturbing to me.

1 Like

@ky77

Is better to hear some music instead of voices, I try to hear good songs, then I don’t hear many voices cursing me.

Yeah you are right. Hearing musics is better than voices.

2 Likes

I do hear music… Someone tought me here that we can change the tune at will. It’s a nice trick.

1 Like

@ky77
@Minnii

For instance, when I hear a song I can change to another song, at the moment I want to. This is good if you don’t want to hear voices saying nonsense.

1 Like

songs get stuck in my head. Sometimes I use them as “weapons” against the voices. I once played, in my head mind you, Kidd rocks bawitaba just repeating the intro but as if the CD were skipping for a full college class. I could not function! Btw I am not a Kidd rock fan I just used it to annoy my tormentors…but I really only hurt…myself?

I never realized that when people say they have a song stuck in their head they usually mean just the lyrics or the melody, I always thought they heard the music as if it were being played. With every note and every riff being completely audible like the way I hear it. I suppose it’s nice sometimes but usually it happens at inopportune times. Like when I need to hear an important bit of information.

Ya mine vary in what they’re trying to accomplish. This morning we woke up with “be humble” by Kendrick Lamar on repeat. Just the part where he says “let the meds talk” though.

Just curious if any of you have ever or do make music or play instruments as a hobby or professionally and have you been complimented on what youve made?

I have had musical hallucinations several times, but I haven’t really had any voices. Except from mumbling and singing.

Once in a while, like a repeated clip of a song. So bizarre, let me sleep!