Cannabis and psychosis: it’s high time for a review

I went to college in Vermont because I wanted to be in the pot scene. It’s the closest thing we have to Northern California here on the east coast. I had about a hundred dollar a day habit back then. This was 1995. I woke up every morning with a bong hit and I went to sleep every night with a joint. I never have my brain a chance to develop normally because I was high all the time. If I had not had a psychotic break I’m sure that I would still be smoking pot today.
You’re right about it being a drug and it is habit forming for some of us yes it is. I haven’t smoked in six years and I still feel like I’m high most of the time. The psychosis is a direct result of my drug use. Now all these studies are coming out confirming this fact. I wonder if I had read one of these studies back then if it would have stopped me. Sadly, probably not.

Yeah I know what you mean.

You’re not possessed. You really just have schizophrenia. I thought I was possessed too sometimes.

my brother has some mental health issues including bipolar disorder and autism. he smokes weed nearly every day and he claims it cured him but he becomes paranoid with and without it more so with out after not having it for a few days. its like all the can think about is getting high again. i doubt it cures him like he claims if it cured him like he says he wouldn’t need it all the time to get better.

Different strokes for different folks

I only smoke occasionally for good reason. I’ve definitely been well aware that, recently, it makes my symptoms worse, but for other people, it doesn’t.

It obviously is possession. These symptoms of “schizophrenia” have been spoken about for over a thousand years befor the term was coined.

Still been shooting blanks i guess

CBD doesn’t have any effect upon me. Not with all of my AP’s! THC only has mild effects upon me. Now, if I was off all of my meds, that would be a different story.

1 Like

…so… because the current name was not the name humans used before this newest name was coined…is your heaviest evidence… please provide evidence of any word for anything being used thousands of years before it was coined for that item…being used on that item…

1 Like