British PM on mental health

6 Likes

Alot work need to done on mental illness…!!! Higly stigmatized Area of human life…!!!
One have to come forward …this area need huge love and support … !! Thanks daydreMER for sharing …!!

1 Like

But the Tories will still hound the mentally ill and other disabled people on disability benefits. When they stop abusing the disabled I’ll start to believe they genuinely care.

3 Likes

I quite agree Firemonkey… When politicians talk about MH it is purely to make themselves sound concerned and caring. They use all the buzzwords - ‘fighting stigma’, ‘raising awareness’, as if they actually mean something, but how much of that promised billion is actually going to have any real effect on the lives of those living with MH? It p*sses me off the way these people politicise social issues to boost their public image, whilst simultaneously screwing people over, cutting benefits, closing hospitals, and perpetuating the image of benefit claimants as ‘lazy dole scroungers’. The words are empty, the actions, or lack of them, speak much louder.

3 Likes

The last thing Theresa May cares about is those suffering from mental illness, they only do this type of thing to appease the public whilst they continue to abuse us and everyone blindly allows it.

@firemonkey and @Turquoise nailed it.

2 Likes

this is a bone of contention with me as well, i do think that she does genuinely care though but i agree the benefits system is not fair at all, they need to do a lot more to help, cutting peoples benefits does not help at all.

1 Like

Margaret Thatcher was truly a phenomenal woman, and one of the greatest world leaders of the 20th Century. Prime Minister May just might be one of the great world leaders of the 21st century. She shows great promise. The question is whether she will follow through with what she’s said and actually act on it.

1 Like

thanks @firemonkey i totally signed the petition because its a good cause, idk why people should have to get reassessed when their conditions are not going to change.

and @Sooner88 i really like Theresa May and i think she will be a much better female prime minister than Margaret Thatcher, i think i will vote for her in the next election whenever that may be, £1 billion is not to be sniffed at :slight_smile:

On Monday, the Prime Minister is expected to make a major speech on mental health, in which she will promise to provide more training for educators and employers.

But the lights on the dashboard have been flashing for some time.

We now live in a society where one in four people will experience a diagnosable condition during their lifetime. These can range from common conditions such as depression and anxiety to more severe and enduring conditions such as schizophrenia.

Mental health problems among young people are at record highs, with self-harm among under-18s increasing by more than 50 per cent between 2010 and 2015. In 2015, there were over 6,000 deaths recorded as suicides, marginally below the 2013 level, which saw the highest rates since 2001. Presenteeism caused by mental health problems – when people continue to turn up to work despite being ill - costs the UK economy £15bn a year in lost productivity.

How have we got here?

NHS mental health services have always been chronically underfunded compared to those designed to improve physical health. Mental health accounts for 23 per cent of NHS activity, but receives funding equivalent to just half that proportion. While hugely important, underfunding alone cannot account for the current crisis.

Another factor is the rapid pace of change that characterises modern society. Globalisation has changed what it means to be happy and healthy, either at work, school or home. Both government and society have, though, failed to keep pace with this rapid change.

As a result, schools find themselves on the frontline of supporting young people as more of their lives are played out online - 81 per cent of head teachers reported an increase in the number of pupils affected by cyberbullying in 2016.

Employers have often failed to protect employees overburdened by stress, which now accounts for one third of all work-related illness. And the government has failed to protect those who are suffocated by low-pay, poor housing and an uncertain future. Its Work Capability Assessment has been linked to increases in suicide and mental health problems among participants

So where do we go from here?

1 Like

And sadly I think any money will get piled into talking therapies for anxiety and depression. Sz won’t get a look in.

2 Likes

Jeremy Hunt’s statement

the smoot hawley tariff of 1767 garnered support for the mayor of this witches operation with solomon desirable. Johnny can and will one day proceed to the bus stop with lmaictal in your hair. Unbeknownst to her the queen her majesty ran a gambling ring out of a backyard sports bar and grill on the west side of chicago. That was many months ago and the dough boys eventually shut her down because they needed the gape ape more than she knew. Mushy and secum pop ran the operation behind closed doors and eventually pumped a hundred kilos of black tar in the direction of anyone or everyone on the streets with a nose for that type of thing. Sasha baron cohen the ex senatorial governor didnt stand a chance against the prime minister when he came out about the rubbish in parliament. They just laughed and played the kazoo to george jetson and his son elroy and said what the ■■■■ this is dastardly. That was the beginning of the end as far as we were concerned and decided to take our money and uninvest in tea. The brits knew all to o well at that time that the price of makeup was on the rise and no more testing n animals was the edict. Charley then came to me and said fine the money is all yours and we ran for the border and enveloped pizza sauce and puked on our shirts called ginny teasers. I planted a lady finger deep in the well and blasted that sauce to high heaven.

jajajajajajaja kkkkkk that was fun man kkkkkkkkk jajajajajajaaja

OOps that’s a Nepali word Jaja means go go…!!

Good night my friend Mg1 aka DR green thumb …!!!
Sorry it may be 10am around day time there in the America …!!! had ur breakfast !!!
good morning and have a lovely day…!!!

1 Like

the whole thing has turned sour :frowning: its just a disaster, makes me feel ashamed to be a human being

I sense some thought disorder going on dear sir