Being sz there is no magical cure

our vulnerable sz minds are open to manipulation.
we can easily believe in miracle cures’ through religion or ’ potions '.
the truth is there is no magic cure…if you think this you are delusional…no pun intended.
we need meds support…some of us can do it without meds…but i don’t recommend it.
this illness takes enormous courage and bravery to live with, the key is acceptance.
acceptance of our illness, and our limitations.
pdoc and clinical psycologist are there to help us, it is important to find a good one though that you trust.

there are people in our society who would make sz believe that we are sinful, or demonicaly possesed, the truth is we have a mental illness, that grants us a rather unique way of looking at the world.

take care

8 Likes

I will admit at first I was antimeds. I seemed to get all side effects with no relief. But after 4 years of different combinations I have finally found the medicines that work best for me. They are still far from perfect but they do bring some relief.

1 Like

There are compensations for sz - like creativity and originality.

2 Likes

No magic involved and that’s why I just took a workshop on WRAP (Wellness Recovery Action Plan). I can create Wellness Tools and a Daily Maintenance Plan to use to keep me on track. We’re all different, but I find I need medication. It’s like night and day for me. I learned the 5 parts of recovery (hope, self-advocacy, education, personal responsibility, and support). I learned about triggers, early warning signs, when things are breaking down, crisis planning, and post crisis planning.

2 Likes

I don’t buy it. I’ve known many schizophrenics and they, as a whole, were no more or less creative than anyone else.

1 Like

Being Sz is no different than all the other people who suffer some ill/pain that throw money at the problem to try and find any relief they can.
Problem is there is no product out there to cure anyones pain, but a lot of people get rich with promises that don’t deliver.

1 Like

I have to agree…

1 Like

I have to agree…

There is no magic bullet. Getting over this just takes a lot of hard work.

Another thing I find it needs it trust. Hard thing to do, but trusting some people who have earned that trust can make all the difference in the world.

1 Like

darn you monkey clawI’ve rubbed you 3 times and you not granted me one single wish

2 Likes