Bad day for anxiety

Feeling very avoidant.

7 Likes

Yeah Im kind of in an Avoidant mood also @firemonkey.
I hope that you start feeling better soon.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear you are having a bad day. I am avoidant as well. My pdoc thinks I can change if he just tells me to. What an ■■■■■■■.

I try to not be hard on myself at those times. If changing such avoidant behaviours was as easy as just trying harder we would have all done it by now. anxiety is hell - and in many cases is so intimately linked to paranoia that the two are unseperable.

4 Likes

A junior (trainee)pdoc did suggest my anxiety was linked to my paranoia. Unfortunately if it is the Consta doesn’t help much,if at all.

With some professionals avoidant pd is being seen as a schizophrenia spectrum pd.

1 Like

Anxiety has been the single worst thing to happen to me, not even the voices were that bad.

some days I feel avoidant too. for me, It’s usually just a matter of communicating with the right people.

I had some schmuck doctor tell me that my anxiety was related to my psychosis but then I found a real doctor who treated my anxiety and it got much better.
This very same doctor misdiagnosed me and told me I would have to take antipsychotics for the rest of my life.
Get a second opinion

I found my paranoia was so closely linked to my anxiety. In fact, for me the anti depressant does a better job of treating the paranoia than the ant psychotic does. I’m on Lexapro and it has been a life saver for me. Other than some memory issues, no one can tell I suffer from schizophrenia.

I have been Avoidant lately. I didn’t tell my stepmom what’s been going on (I thought Dad would’ve communicated it to her). She has been in a down swing. She has bipolar. We see the same pdoc. Since our pdoc is 2 hours away we usually go on the same days and have lunch afterwards. She has been exhausted and some of it is the stress from work. She is the boss where she works and it can be a lot of pressure.