Are repetitive dreams a sign of positive symptoms?

In the past 2 weeks I have been under huge stress as my fellow colleague left for his annual vacation and all the work load turned to me, I somehow managed to thrive and deliver the results I was supposed to but, alongside I have been dreaming very frequently, dreams about kings and empires, nice dreams actually that felt like real as I was encountering them, but they happened very often that I talked to my mother about it, she reassured me that it is okay and caused by the stress of being in a new country and a demanding job that had me to travel a lot.

I still had many dreams, the question in my head was about my last relapse last year, as just before it happened with 1 to 2 months I was having the same matter and too many dreams.

2 days ago I talked with my doctor via mail and he instructed me to double my dose for 2 weeks and contact him then, I am sad that this might affect my work and life after having had finally started to build over what was collapsed for years. Who agrees with my doctor that it is a sign, and what do you think about double dosing my invega to 12 mg, i was on 6 mg. I already started to notice movement in my eye brows after two days of extra dose. Please advice.

1 Like

Maybe it’s an early sign for YOU. If you experience same thing as before your last relaps you have to take care of you and try not to stress more.

I don’t know about your medicine. Is it a high dose you have? It sounds strange in my ears that you double the dose. My pdoc adjusts my meds in small steps to avoid side effects. I’m on Abilify and Seroquel. But I’m no doc.

1 Like

well, what hits me is that when you “awake in the morning” it is easy to think that you are having the exact same dream. If you are seeing kingdoms maybe that means you’re thinking about the government? who really knows. but it does strike me as delusional that you would say that. I had a recurring dream that someone was chasing me through a dark forest and when I finally thought I faced the man instead of running away. he said, “have you got the time?” at least that’s what I thought happened. I was full blown psychotic about a week later. just sayin’.

Recurring nightmares and waking up or troubke sleeping is a sure indicator of things going south. However, vivid dreams alone are often a side effect of medications- I have vivid dreams most nights. I do think that because you aren’t reporting severe sedation or anything negative with the increase in your medication, you should take the higher dose as prescribed by your doctor. As a general principle, I would do as the doctor says, I myself follow my doctors instructions very carefully.

I have been rather stressed and had to begin taking a skeeping pill, I am making a B in a class and my thesis work is piling up. There are some other things too, but that’s mainly it. I am rather stressed about graduate schools.

I wish you the best of luck, and do tell your doctor and us on the forum if anything out of the ordinary happens while on the higher dose. I have had to take extra medication a number of times, like these days, and I have successfully functioned through relapses. I am no doctor but I have faced similar problems.

I hope things turn out for the best!

1 Like

I am not sure if they are or are not.

Although you are looking for feedback, I feel it is not my place to discuss your medication concerns with you.

I did want to respond because I remember another post by you that was awesome in regards to the positive things in your life.

Is there a way to minimize your heavy workload by organizing hourly, daily and weekly work sets? That way there are no surprises?

There are books on dreams. The famous Carl Jung has a dream book. I feel dreams can describe your feelings and emotions and what you are going through, even physical illnesses, and of course, there is deeper knowledge.

Generally everyone experiences recurring dreams at some point in their life, they’re fairly common. My opinion on them is that they present an issue in the psyche that is not being dealt with. Once the issue is resolved, the dream will stop occurring. (I’ve ended several of my recurring dreams through getting to their roots and resolving them) Your dreams don’t sound like that though, (as they aren’t nightmares!) so I’m not sure what to tell you. I’d need more details haha.

Like some people on here said however, recurring dreams could certainly be a personal sign that you are getting symptomatic, even though it is not a typical one, everyone’s different. Oddly enough I realized that when I became symptomatic at the beginning of this week suddenly all my dreams became lucid again. It’s all interesting stuff.

I’ve also had repeated nightmares. One was about me being stuck in an old house with a fierce bull at the entrance. I tried to escape but the bull guarded the entire entrance floor.

Hmm well dreams can mean different things depending on the dreamer, but generally houses are representative of yourself. Bulls generally either represent anger, or sexual drive.

The fact that something is basically controlling your house and being oppressive could mean you’re struggling with anger or are sexually frustrated, or else are dealing with someone like that in your life. But again, symbols change in meaning depending on the dreamer. For example if you had had a traumatic experience with a bull, the bull might represent fear instead of anger. Stuff like that.

Propably anger. I was very angry and frustrated at that point. I found no way to express my anger and just kept it all inside. Finally I exploded. Trashing the wardrobe.

1 Like