Abilify 15mg-10mg symptoms

I just need somewhere to talk right now.
Yesterday, I made the switch from 15mg abilify to 10mg. I’ve taken abilify for about three weeks. I was prescribed it in a Baker Act facility.
The song that someone was singing in my dream is still involuntarily being played in my head. It’s a song that I’m really scared of and that I associate with things that scare me. “Ohh here she comes.” My brain associates this song with Revelation 18:2. I woke up from the dream yelling, “That hurts!” I dreamt my dad was being aggressive and putting pressure on my bad foot. He looked malevolent and wicked his face. I get horrible nightmares on 10mg, and I’m afraid, as the 75 hour half life decreases, they will become far more severe.
I have to be taken off the abilify because of neuroleptic malignant syndrome, a rare and painful neurological disorder which has done neurological damage to my brain, hand, and foot during the past few weeks, which greatly resembles peripheral neuropathy. Since I didn’t take the typical dose of abilify yesterday, I’ve actually gotten a full night of sleep and my hand and foot is hurting significantly less.
My psych appointment is scheduled for Tuesday, and there’s no way to get in any sooner. It was only with some favors I can get in. I’m currently in Indiana and was supposed to be here for months on vacation from normal work, etc., but now my trip is being cut short. It’s only been two weeks and I have to fly back to Florida this afternoon.
I’m just so scared. That’s another thing - the fear. The fear of the symptoms coming back feeds the symptoms themselves. But fear is a symptom. Themselves? No. Itselves. Them implies it’s a living thing. These symptoms are a direct result of mental illness. I have to remember that.
Ugh. My thought processes are starting to be altered. I feel the need to justify every thought. If I don’t, I fear mind control. That I must show Satan that I have no interest in him by correcting my “demonic” thoughts, although ignoring them completely historically is the better option.
My step-mom, who works in psychiatry, wanted me to stay in Florida until I knew how the abilify was affecting me. This is why. It basically seems like painful physical symptoms or painful mental symptoms, until Tuesday.

Thank you. With love, SwitzApples

Good luck man. Try not to dwell on the religious stuff too much, they clearly aren’t good for you. Find ways to stir away from them, if you can.

I know it’s easier said than done, and I’m on a no-day as well.

1 Like

What are they going to put you in instead? Good luck finding the right meds, sorry abilify didn’t work out.

1 Like

It’s a first generation med. Some people on here have been on it. I was given it for about 3 days in hospital, as it can work quickly.

I haven’t heard. They were discussing Haldol, but I read on wiki that it can cause the same neuroleptic syndrome

They all can probably. It’s all just a bit Russian roulette finding out the right med for you. Have you tried all second generation meds? Normally they won’t try 1st gen until you’ve given 2nd gens a good go.

Hm… Olanzipine really helped, but it made me feel starving constantly… Besides that, I took Seroquel, but that was prior to a lot of psychotic symptoms.

1 Like