Your favorite places?

List some of your favorite places that life has forced you to travel to…

1.Rome-good food nice people all around beautiful…
2.the castle disney stole…its castle from…in germany…
3.redwood Forrest
4.oceans
5.black forrest

3 Likes

Hida-Takayama city in Japan;
Mont Saint-Michel in France;
Fontainebleau palace in France;
Peleș castle in Romania;
Salzburg city in Austria.

1 Like

The Channel islands
San Marlo
The Ionian sea / Islands

1 Like

The great wall of china, the forbidden city and the winter garden in beijing

The beaches in thailand

Amsterdam, the whole city really

Marocco, but I didn’t go to where I wanted to go, great travel anyway.

2 Likes

My grandparents’ town, with creeks that had names and a taste of a disappearing way of life + the smell of coal burning in the fireplaces hung over the town + made the walls turn black eventually. And sitting out under the trees after dinner.

2 Likes
  1. Ireland
  2. Detroit
  3. Newfoundland
  4. Kyoto
  5. North Shore, Lake Superior
  6. Montreal

We’re thinking of going to Iceland next May - quiet, cold, remote, it’s pretty much all my favorite things rolled into one :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

I agree with Kyoto, it was an amazing experience. What’s so special bout Detroit though?

Lol right all these amazing places and then detroit…lol…ive been to barstow california its where vegas drops their homeless thats where i went to 9th grade…i would put barstow on the same list as detroit along with Jersey and my local landfill…

1 Like

The people. Everyone I met was beyond friendly. We drove past a neighborhood cookout on Mack and a woman yelled at us, “Hey ladies, come get yourselves some lunch!” There are so many community gardens, there was a huge used clothes giveaway on East Jefferson, just tables of clothes people brought to give away.

It’s also a beautiful Art Deco downtown, some of the most gorgeous architecture. The town itself is just lousy with pretty houses, too, it was kind of the birthplace of the American middle class, one of the first places in America where black families owned homes en masse.

The place has been royally screwed over by both big business and by the government, it’s still happening right now. So the attitude on the street is, no one’s going to come and make things better for us, so we have to do it ourselves. It’s kind of an electric vibe.

3 Likes

Ok that sounds pretty convincing :blush:

1 Like

I spend a lot of time in Detroit :smile_cat: It’s not your typical sightseeing touristy place, it’s a place you go if you want to get involved.

1 Like

I remove detroit from my avoid this place list…i hate tourists its more about the feel…

1 Like

That’s how I am, too. I’m not into sightseeing or schedules, I like to immerse myself in a place. When I’m on vacation, I usually rent a cottage or a flat and just move in for the duration, live there for a little bit.

1. kitchen
  2. living room
    3.bedroom
    4.bathroom
1 Like

Ohhhh how was Amsterdam?!

Honestly hawaii or an island, or a small hut on a beach with a guy who knows how to fish and squeeze a lemon :lemon:

It was awesome! Beautiful city :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you take any pics at all?

You’re a potato head anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like