Schizophrenia.com

Would I feel better

If i lowered my dose of invega sustenna? I was thinking of lowering from 117mg to 78mg
but I have to ask my pdoc first if I even can

Likely you’ll have less negative symptoms but maybe more positive symptoms.

2 Likes

From my experience that sucks. Everytime I lower my dose my negative symptoms decrease but my positive symptoms increase.

1 Like

If you are feeling zombiefied on Invega like I did lowering the dose might help. As long as you don’t get positive symptoms. I switched from invega to Aripiprazole(Abilify) because of the way invega made me feel.

3 Likes

Did you taper off of invega?

1 Like

No I just let the shot wear off as I started taking Aripiprazole pills. Don’t think there is a need to taper when you are on the shot as it slowly wears off on its own.

1 Like

Oh I see what dose were you on?

I think I was on 117mg but I don’t remember for sure. They switched me to invega trinza on my last(3month) dose so I’m not sure what the dosing of that was.

1 Like

i’m not sure if you’d feel better… i think your pdoc is suited best to help you with that… like the others say maybe less negative symptoms but possibly more positive symptoms.

1 Like

personally i wouldnt lower my AP’s …i really dont want to go down the tubes again

1 Like