Would boot camp be beneficial to schizos?

It is just an example of how abnormal sexual behaviors can be conditioned through trauma. Of course they’re not the same thing.

I agree partly with Carson on that issue. The fact of the matter is there are many different reasons why people engage in homosexual behaviors, and not all of them were born that way.

It’s not abnormal.

1 Like

I’m done with this discussion, bro.

Then maybe you should think twice before you post crap like that again.

AND homosexuality is normal, even though they make up a very small minority of people. See yeah.

The number of sexual abusers who have been abused themselves is 35% of abusers for men and 0% for women. It can be a risk factor in the minority of the population, but it is certainly not as strong of a correlation as people think.

Where did you get this? This is not accurate.

Here.. But, admittedly, that is only the results of one study.

That is just about the rates of sexual abuse in general. It isn’t about whether the abusers had been abused themselves. Unless I’m reading it totally wrong.

OK, so anyway I’d like to just complain here on this thread. To people that I think are my friends on here.

That fat load who we all know who I’m talking about if you actually know me in real life (idk maybe you don’t)-
basically ruined my whole life man. Never take money from anyone. Ever! If I get a girlfriend I’m not taking any of their money either. That fat load ruined my life entirely man. Entirely.

I think i’d rather go to bootcamp then ever see him again

Now my bills are acruing! and I’m so ■■■■■■ who cares about boot camp.

Guess how much money I get for SSI- $400.

guess how much back pay I['m getting after being sick for like a thousand years? $1500. (I just got accepted on this trash and I’m getting paid in like 2 months. for the first time)

fml.

Just flush me down the toilet.

No; you’re not. I have way too much to do on an Internet that is frustratingly slow the past two weeks. I should just move on today. Nevertheless, David Finklehor at David Finkelhor | Crimes against Children Research Center is the expert on the statistics around CSA. Dig on his website if you’re really looking for the right stats on this stuff. I know that 35% for men / 0% for females is waaaay off.

1 Like

I’m sorry. What I meant to say was, “I am totally wrong, and @notmoses is wise and all-knowing. Everyone stand in awe of his ability to rise above all us lowly schizophrenics.”

3 Likes

No, I’m just a lot more formally educated and recovered. But you’re all welcome to whatever beliefs you have that seem to keep most of you locked in your cells.

Do you believe that?

(I’m just challenging you…)

If I were you, I would use my education and qualities to radiate principle and joy (which you do at times) thereby showing everyone that what you’ve done is possible and that a good outcome of a human is possible.

Instead, you’re just showing us that education “went bad” and made you a smarty pants.

But I don’t expect you to break down crying and admit that what I’m saying has some truth to it. Far from it.

1 Like

Orange and mortimermouse are both formally educated, and neither of the are Condescending Under Normal Term’S. Just sayin’.

2 Likes

Neither of them are even remotely as either educated or experienced in dealing with psychiatric patients. I have unhealed alters – just as you all do – who just get frustrated when people who see themselves as victims and defend that as some sort of a “right” remain committed to their victimhood.

But I do understand that I am held to a higher standard of “perfect” behavior here even though almost very few among the regulars hold themselves to it.

(Lemme think. Do psychotic spectrum pts tend – overwhelmingly – to hate themselves for the incompetencies and incapacities they have because others in authority abused or ignored or neglected or invalidated their unreality? And do they tend to resent any and all whom they see as more competent and capable that themselves? No. Never happens. :smirk: When those of you bitch at me become willing to do 1/20th of the work I HAD to do to get where I am now, I will start taking the pissers and moaners, whiners and complainers seriously.)

2 Likes

I think i just set out to become the opposite of you.

That’s called being cocky as hell and it’s revving up half of my symptoms. I think I better go breathe.

I think you’ll do better to look to see, hear and feel exactly why it sets off the sympathetic branch of your autonomic nervous system. The vast majority of the many sz pts I have observed, interviewed and worked with since 1987, will, however, do pretty much anything to Not Go There. And Continue to Suffer.

(Do the defense mechanisms that seem to help us in the short run work in the long?)