Would boot camp be beneficial to schizos?

I think we should take “ownership” of the word like black people did with the n word.

1 Like

I disagree, maybe because I know no people with the dz outside this forum. if you referred to me as a schizo, I just might punch you in the mouth.

@Daimon, not trying to sound b***y technically I’m Schizo-effective, not a full on sz. labeling us all as pure schizo’s is an inaccurate portrayal.

And using the N word is still socially not acceptable for us whites and other races, I know because I went to an inner-city school that was 95% African American, if I tried to use the word I knew I’d get my butt kicked…it seems in my experience the only people who can get away with using the N word are African

American’s. Also remember when JLO let the N word slip in a remix of her song I’m real, people got really touchy and emotional about it back in the day…and she’s Latin American.

You don’t get my point. Black people took ownership of the n word, which means only they can use it among themselves.

You & me both. (“Hey! If we can’t beat the kid into an Onward Xtian Soldier, let’s send 'em to someone who can.”) (Cult Christianity. Great.)

Yes; and it’s how they chopped down a 30% rate of addiction to opium to 3% in a single decade (1949-1959). Where there’s a will there IS a way. BUT… at one hell of a price in terms of suicides, broken families (those who tried to hide their addicted loved ones), broken hearts, etc.

Given the hypersensitivity to stimulation that is typical of sz (bipolar, btw, is actually the opposite; bipolars have very high stimulus thresholds, while sz pts tend to have very low thresholds, and that is why anti-Ps are designed to work as they do), I don’t think any form of aversion therapy is appropriate.

(See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aversion_therapy.)

1 Like

…and i’m on your side. The whole world’s just gone to hell holmes.

I learned my lesson using that word in 5th grade lmao

Nice. On Monday I did a total of 8 miles walking. Today, earlier in the morning, I did a 2.4 mile walk. Felt good, but my feet need some rest & relaxing, they’re pretty sore now.

1 Like

But to answer your original question, no I don’t think any form of bootcamp would be useful for treating SZ. Everyone’s SZ is different, but the level of anxiety & intimidation used today in boot camps to train people is boarderline insane. I wouldn’t recommend joining Army or Marine for that matter.

1 Like

I just took a shower. It always improves my mental state.

I just got a power bar and some wine. The power bar definitely gave me some needed energy. I am looking forward to narcos tonight. I watched insurgents last night, which was awesome. I am looking forward to divergents 3 in 2016.

1 Like

Compensating self-empowerment. At a price. :grin: :open_mouth: :sunglasses:

Narcos the netflix series. I knew someone was going to misinterpret that statement.

People have also misinterpreted my statements about being addicted to coke. I meant coca cola, not the drug. lol

So it’s all about The Game?

I’m not playing any games. But sometimes I find it funny after the fact and just let people think what they want.

I find this very difficult to believe. Sure, some may have delusions pertaining to their sexual orientation, but the suggestion that you can be conditioned to become gay and should get treatment for this is ridiculous.

1 Like

Pedophiles can be an example of this. It is not unheard of for the pedophilia to having been molested himself. They were trauma based conditioned into this behavior. But I realize we’re on a forum that thinks we’re genetically programmed robots and environment means ■■■■ when it comes to human behavior, so I expect much back lash, especially considering many people here are pro gay, no offense to anyone, but I think these attitudes are really holding back science and psychiatry in treating people with psycho sexual disorders and other issues to do with sexuality.

Did you really just compare homosexuality to paedophilia and suggest we treat homosexuality as a psychological disorder?
If someone thinks they like the same sex but don’t then they are delusional, not gay.

1 Like