Worst place you ever lived?

The part of Chicago I lived in was pretty bad. Right on the line of two gang territories. The apartment I stayed in was awful. The friend I stayed with never took her dog out. She had an extra bedroom where she let him poop and pee. It was gross.

3 Likes

@anon54386108

I’ve vacationed many times in California. I think California is a little heavy on the taxes, but I do like San Diego (my niece lives there). LA? Not so much. There’s homeless in every state, but Skid Row is huge. Then you have Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive. In Bel Air, I saw a cockroach wearing a Cuban-link 18kt gold chain and carrying a tiny little Hermes bag. :money_mouth_face:

I like Northern California. The Bay Area is nice but expensive of course. Napa is beautiful. It’s a very nice state.

4 Likes

It’s not that bad! I’m planning on going to Antwerp soon.

1 Like

I lived on the East Side of San Jose, Ca. It’s the worst area of San Jose. Lots of drugs and gang activity. I was living in a board & care home on the most drug infested street in the city. I lived there five years. The funny thing was, i had just gotten clean. When I moved in I had been clean for about a month. It was a very poor, run down area with lots of drug dealers. I saw the cops raid 3 different houses that drugs were being sold at.

In fact I saw something i had never seen before-or since. Three houses down was an apartment complex. Most of the guys from my group home used to visit it. The cops tacked up posters all over the fences and poles that said, “This is a known drug area and is under surveillance.” WTF? Have you ever heard of cops doing that before? Anyone walking down the sidewalk could read the posters. Weird.

It was normal to be laying in my bed at night and have helicopters flying low over the neighborhood sweeping the ground with their searchlight and yelling at people on the ground through speakers telling them to “stop running” or “give up”.

I walked down the street 5 or 6 nights a week walking or catching a bus to AA, CA or NA meetings. No one ever bothered me. And I would walk back home at 10:00 at night to get home.

Sometimes my friend would come with me to meetings and another member would be nice enough to give us a ride home. More often than not, they would ask us where we lived and when we told them the name of our street they would usually go, " Oh yeah, when I was using I used to get my drugs there."

I lived there from 1990-95. I worked and went to school the whole time I was there, I took the bus everywhere.

3 Likes

Eaton, Indiana. It’s still a sundown town. I lived there for less than a month. I broke my lease to get tf away from all those awful people ASAP.

2 Likes

I was in San Diego when I came-a crashing down. I lived in my friend’s newly built house in Mission Valley (if you know SD, you’ll know it’s a nice neighborhood). Beautiful beaches, lovely weather, just an awful predicament (prodromal sz). But I’d recommend a stay if you ever visit the Golden State

1 Like

I live 2 blocks north of Detroit. The amount of stupidity here is mind numbing.

The nearest grocery store is 5 miles away. There are 12 traffic lights between home and there and I get stopped by every single one.

If I want to go visit my uncle there are 21 traffic lights between my house and his.

Half of the inner city of Detroit can’t read at a 3rd grade level. But they drive and they have guns.

I’m up to my eyeballs in stupidity around here.

2 Likes

I’ve always lived in Minnesota never moving more than 60 miles from family members. No serious complaints and if you like drinking and fishing this is the place to be.

1 Like

I have lived all over the country and even overseas while in the military. Pensacola, Fl was one of my favorites. Loved the beaches and the Naval Aviation museum. And it was close to home. I could get to my hometown in 3 hours and 15 minutes. We still go close to there often for condo vacations. Anywhere from Gulf Shores,Al to Fort Walton Beach, Fl. We like those beaches and I love the lazy rivers at the condos. We lived in Southern California for ten years and I still prefer the gulf coast for beaches. Only thing is you can’t surf there.

My least favorite places were Norfolk, Va and Jacksonville, NC. Those were strictly military towns. If the military up and left there would be nothing there. Felt like you were always at work. Couldn’t get away.

1 Like

Pensacola beaches are nice,

Better than ours in California,

I’ll admit that.

The Aviation Museum is really something.

My favorite part when I was a kid was going through the little old downtown they set up.

I don’t know how long that exhibit has been there, but it was cool when I was younger.

1 Like

Spent a summer as a young teen with my grandfather traveling his home city of Detroit.

City is tough. Made me understand my grandfather’s childhood better.

1 Like

i didn’t like living in london… it was kinda gloomy…

3 Likes

The middle of Wilmington, DE, right on the line between East and West. Guns, drugs, the whole bit, but I never did get accosted. Angel on my shoulder.

1 Like

When I first heard the song London Calling by The Clash as a kid it made me think of London as being the coolest place. I’ve always wanted to visit. I still get that feeling when I hear the song. I guess for you it’s boring, but for me it’s intriguing with all the sites to see and the history.

1 Like

Oklahoma City is nice, but the first apartment building I lived in there was awful. Once I moved to a nice place it was okay.

New Orleans was the worst city I ever lived in though.

1 Like

I have lived in the Quad City area for all my life. It is a collection of 2 cities in Iowa and 2 cities in Illinois, since we are right on the border of these two states divided by the Mississippi river. I have lived in cities in both states. I have never lived in anyplace really horrible but I have lived in a fairly bad neighborhood in Davenport as well as good ones.

1 Like

the center of london is kinda nice but the area around it where i lived was not so nice… but don’t let it ruin your nice view of london =D. You should go there sometime!

There was a share house I stayed in with some people I knew. Spent about 6 months there I think? It was so horrible. My introduction to the place on my first night was a huge rat running across the floor and my mate jumped up and chased it with a knife and beheaded it. It was startling. But the worst part of it all was an insane amount of mosquitos. To get to where the cars were outside, you literally had to kick the front door open an sprint to the car as fast as you could. And even then you would have like 20 or 30 all over your body suckinf the life out of you.
I had this theory that if someone got drunk and passed out outside you wouldn’t wake up due to all the blood in your body being drained haha. It was that bad.
Oh and lots of crime and poverty all around town.

That’s an absolute nightmare, but now you have a horror story to tell for Halloween.

1 Like

oh that sounds scary =O
him beheading the rat =O wow…
and the mosquitos… i hate mosquitos.

1 Like