Wormholes wormholes

Are they forbidden things through the laws of physics?

Do you mean Black Holes? They’re supposed to kill you instantly due to spaghettification

Stephen Hawking used to say that at the center of a black hole time stands still. Wormholes for space travel sounds like a good idea but I’m pretty sure it’s still purely theoretical.

1 Like

I think technically you can bend space at least in theory.

Not our current level of technology but may be one day!

1 Like

I’ve heard that to enlarge a wormhole to a size people can travel through you’d need half as much energy as that produced by the entire Milky Way Galaxy, or something like that.

1 Like

I’ve talked about it here. I have memories of going through wormholes and seeing them in my past lives. They exist but are mostly dangerous. Usually I’ve seen them with my encounters with greys.

1 Like

That’s what the books say. My experience is different.

1 Like

Nothing can violate the laws of physics, as the laws are nothing more than the patterns in what we observe. If we see something new, we add to our understanding of the world and write new ‘laws.’

The idea of wormholes is completely abstract. We have no evidence that they actually exist and they are a result of following the strict mathematics of general relativity to and beyond its intended limits. When you push a theory past its “design limits” you can’t expect the results to be valid. Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren’t.

Traversable wormholes - the only sort in which we are presumably interested - do not defy the known laws of physics. Although they do require exotic matter which may prove to be impossible (we just don’t know). However many extensions of known physics - such as string theory - permit traversable wormholes without exotic matter. In fact, any theory with more than our 4 dimensions (3 space, 1 time) allow traversable wormholes. See Gauss-Bonnet gravity.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.