World's happiest countries

2 Likes

Belgium is just in the top 20. But many unhappy people here. I believe over 10% of the population takes antidepressants.

I think the rat race is a great source of unhappiness.

1 Like

Australia in 12th place. Not too bad but always room for improvement.

2 Likes

I think that I am quite happy. I came back to Finland in 2002 after living over two years in my auto in Miami and elsewhere in America. I was quite depressed when I lived in my auto and I had often suicidal thoughts. Now after 20 years I can just say that I made a right choice by moving back, although I had voices on the plane telling me that I regret that move. My little town is very peaceful but the current news have brought some distress. Many Finns are donating money for right causes that are currently in the world news.

The Netherlands is in top 5. It is not exactly how to explain. Because there are much people in this little country.

And I think bullying is a big problem here in The Netherlands. And when you don’t know if the person who doing it goes further they often find more ways and make it worser. Rights are already made, but don’t help enough.

1 Like

the rat race, or competition because the rats are beautiful creatures, the belief that we are competing, is a big source of emotional suffering. lots of frustation. one allows himself or herself to be hurt by a very fantasious concept. i sure am not competing with anybody for it makes no sense to compare people or grade them. i can so no logic in this concept. it is well stablished thou. scientists believe this belief will be dominant forever. too bad. we as a race could be so much better.

1 Like

i used to be bullyed. you gotta face it and fight the bullyer. i am not pro violence but sometimes specially if you are a kid beibg bullyied, you gotta embrace violence and say no more. overcome fear. let the warrior out. as one can name the ‘fuc. this sh.t’ moment.

I’m drawn towards the Netherlands and Amsterdam, but I did watch Hostel for the first time last night so… kinda on the fence about that place now lol

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.