Work ideas?

Anybody work in fast food before? What was your experience? What other job experiences are you willing to share?

1 Like

Starting in 1983, two and a half years after I got sick.

Hot tub technician
Prep cook
Recycler
Warehouse
Furniture mover
Truck unloader
Park ranger
Construction
Stockperson
Material handler
Assembler
Dishwasher
Fast food restaurant

Had 15 or 16 jobs before I got sick.

Been at my current janitor job 12 years

1 Like

Started out in fast food and wound up as a journeyman chef, but an injury took me out of that career. I have also been a distance ed. support tech, an IT professional, a pro photographer, ran a PC repair shop, drove a school bus, drove a fuel truck, and am an insurance broker now. Also worked in a video store and as a security guard back in the day.

3 Likes

Warehousing/order picking is hard, physical work but it’s pretty easy to do and keeps you fit. Pays well for unskilled labor and your on autopilot for a lot of it so it’s something most can do.

Not bad work for a busy mind.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for replies. I think I just need to find a job that fits my abilities and limits.

I’m about to try dishwasher as a position I think I can do…

2 Likes

I’m going back into cleaning probably, end of November. Or similar position. But not super intensive ones.

1 Like

I used to be in An Office job, but really hate it. Corporate drama, politics, sabotaging, etc really isn’t my cup of tea.

Now i’m waiting to become a Store Packer at Sephora(sounds weird) but I like how chill it sounds. Andddd, they pay quite decent.

1 Like

I totally relate. I’m not good at office politics either

2 Likes

There was one really obese F&B manager who liked to bully me, but he didn’t know that my father was friends with the Owner of the Town (who owned the Hotel we worked at, etc) :rofl:

Some pretty cool jobs that people with schizophrenia may be able to work at:

Front Office Assistant (very rewarding job as you get to meet people from all over the world: caveat - angry complaining guests can he a handful)
Kitchen Helper (just need to cut vegetables, mis en plais, and clean)
Barista (alot of cafes hiring dont even need to know Latte Art; it’s quite simple to make coffee)
Personal Trainer (why not work while being & learning about health/healthy lifestyle) (alot of gyms give training for you to be Certified [NASM, ACE, NCSF, etc)
IT Technician (if you love computers, you can take the CompTIA exam certifications to understand more)

The way to side-step politics is to be indispensable.

1 Like

I did these

Best Buy computers seller
Supermarket all sections
Gym manager and first aid
Credit Card debt collector
VR video games tester for bugs
Accounting
Clothing store seller

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.