Wish that psych wards were more like 5 star hotels

… Then I wouldn’t mind going.
My experience in the last psych hospital was atrocious!

Such a horrible place!

Don’t ever want to go back there.

11 Likes

My last one was terrible… I hated the building

But i have been to some seriously nice private hospitals in the day.

4 Likes

Being completely delusional when in hospital I thought the whole place was set up for me
I was in three times or more can’t remember
I thought great things were going to happen to me
Don’t think I could handle going in again

4 Likes

hospital is full of people that can’t behave themselves imo. seen like 5 fights in the hospital and nothing happens to the perpetrator, just get shots.

I don’t want to go back. if people were stable, I wouldn’t mind it, but concerned about my safety in hospital.

3 Likes

All a hospital needs for me to tolerate it are smoke breaks. And they’ve taken those away. I really hope my most recent hospitalization is my last.

6 Likes

At the last hospital I stayed at, one of the nurses complained that the patients were treating the hospital like a hotel. If a patient wants to eat in his/her room that’s ultimately their decision. They could be really sick or anxious or whatever. So what we did, to piss her off, for one day, every single patient came to the dining room, took their food and went back to their rooms. You could imagine how she felt during her shift.

4 Likes

I wish my whole life was like a 5-star hotel.

4 Likes

Sheppard Pratt is where i stayed. It’s in Maryland

3 Likes

I miss the food from hospital. And getting seconds sometimes.

3 Likes

@Wave
Can you tell me what is was like? How long ago were you there? And which country were you in?

2 Likes

I was in the hospital at 19 and then twice at 54. I thought I would never go back there. I saw someone break the tv. I guess that happens in hotels also.

2 Likes

The place I’ve been to for the last 3 times was nice. They had clean rooms, bathrooms, towls, laundry, and plenty of food to feed plenty. I liked it there.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind the hospital, if I could have my phone and headphones…

2 Likes

I’ve got no complaints. The food during this last stay was awesome. One guy was always picking fights with the staff but a few skirmishes here and there is to be expected.

I would have liked a patio or something to step outside to get some fresh air. Hospital air seemed stale. Imho.

2 Likes

Cost is the key. Medical service for the mentally ill is horribly expensive! Seeing most of our problems don’t disappear over night even if the meds do work your looking at weeks to months of intensive service.

That is the bane of the modern medical system. Mental illness costs a lot more per patient. Sure. If you can afford it there’s private hospitals which aren’t too bad. Public is another thing!

5 Likes

The last hospital I went to was a nice place.
We had real beds, not hospital cots.
There was a bathroom with shower in each room.
The food was really good and the nurses were really nice.
My only complaint was that the dr I saw took me off all my meds then put me on an AP that gives me akathisia.
Then she thankfully left for vacation and I got a new doc who put me back on most of my meds.
I also was threatened by a therapist that she would make me stay longer because I was sleeping too much and not socializing enough.
Other than that it wasn’t too bad.

4 Likes

The hospital I usually go to is great.
Good food, plenty of things to do if you’re creative, we can smoke as much as we want as long as we do it outside, but the staff is a bit understaffed so they don’t always have the time as much as I’d like.
Guess I can’t have everything.

I’m talking about the ward, tho. Psych er is a boring, frustrating place where the staff never has time, tvs never work, and beds are uncomfortable.

3 Likes

Yes, i think money is a reason…

I also think it has to do with the fact people can imagine they get cancer, or get old. But they think they themselves never have a MI.

The one hospital that was originally built for the elderly had GREAT facilities. Beautiful, attention paid to the design, new, warm atmosphere in the interior, fancy rooms with private bathrooms.We could use it for a few years, but it wasnt originally made for us.

2 Likes

I went to one near LA in California it was scary as ■■■■. People staring at walls screaming, women pulling of diapers and menstruating pads in the hallway. The one’s of been to here in Minnesota are 5 star hotels compared to that.

4 Likes

I actually love a new project here…It has care for the homeless that is much better. With really comfortable building and private rooms. I want that in a ward too.

2 Likes