Windows 11 Compatibility Checker

Why spend the money? If Windows irks you, and you don’t want to fork out for a Mac, use Linux. Free.

1 Like

You can update windows apps using Microsoft store. Other apps you update inside the app settings like Adobe, Office, etc

1 Like

4 Likes

Hmm…it said mine pc did not meet the requirements too. My pc is only about a year old. Oh well, I probably just buy a new one when it comes out.

edit:
or keep running windows 10. I’m not that concerned about having windows 11 atm.

1 Like

Mine won’t run windows 11

1 Like

Oh dear god not another Operating System. Why do we even need new ones :frowning:

2 Likes

Turns out my moms computer is compatible with WIndows 11. I built her a new computer just last year with a Intel Core i3 9300 and it supports TPM 2.0. I turned it on in the BIOS and now it says Win11 is supported.

I’ve got a Core i7 6700k CPU so no support for Win11 and my brother has an AMD 8350 Black Edition CPU so that isn’t supported either. Both those CPU’s are getting old now, but we can both still do everything we want to do so am in no rush to upgrade.

3 Likes

My pc is compatible with Win 11, its Ryzen 3700X, I enabled fTPM 2.0 in bios.

2 Likes

I just installed Windows 11 through Windows Update Dev Insider channel. My games work with it, found no bugs so far but I hate that you cant access task manager by right clicking at the bottom bar.
I had to press ctrl alt del and select task manager.

2 Likes

I’ll have to look into that. I still have the leaked version on my laptop.

1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like

I feel like this is a much bigger problem that people realise. Its not unusual for things like admin offices to be several years behind on PC tech and they arent gonna be able to upgrade. Meaning either there will be a huge boom in the market come 2025 where everyone buys PC’s, or Microsoft might be forced to continue support by a couple of extra years.
It really depends how much microsoft cares about leaving people stranded.

2 Likes

Ive got recent backups - so sod it, im gonna install it this morning.

TBH Im only really interested in the new eye candy :smiley:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.