Will my weight get stabilized one day on zyprexa? i put more and more lately

otherwise, you wont change it for another ap isn’t it @zenmind? cause me I like it for my mental health…its maybe one of the rares which I like, maybe the only one…

When I was on Zyprexa I gained about 40 lb. (18.14 kg), and then leveled off. I was hardly eating anything at all, but then again, I live a very sedentary lifestyle. When Zyprexa didn’t do its job, my doctor tried switching me to Seroquel, and I gained a few more pounds (4-5, not many). When Seroquel also didn’t help, the doctor simply discontinued it, and within a month, I dropped nearly 20 lb. (9.07 kg).

you ve lost weight ont Zyprexa cause not eating that’s it @Mbsapp56? me too, very sedentary life and eating… you are on what ap now? I think ill take my meds for a longtime, maybe forever…

Seroquel has me fat too, one option is decreasing the dose. Decrease the dose and lose some weight.:arrow_heading_down:

Yeah same for me too. It’s the 5th AP I’ve been on and the only one I’ve really liked, it’s also the only one I’ve been able to tolerate. I won’t change it unless I start heading towards diabetes

The initial weight gain could only be attributed to the Zyprexa/Seroquel, as nothing else changed. The weight loss when they were discontinued seems to confirm this. Right now my doctor has me on no AP to deal with my Sz affective condition, just Depakote & Effexor for BiPD. I’m experiencing mild Sz symptoms, but neither Zyprexa nor Seroquel seemed to help. They only made me fat and I was sleeping 16-18 hours/day. Don’t know if the doctor will try something different for the Sz next time, or leave well enough alone, since things are currently manageable…