Why is ‘your type’ your type

My type was dark and mysterious, but I married a blonde who is anything but mysterious. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Its great having a type, you see that type and appreciate them on a superficial level - on TV, in the street, working as a cashier and because they physically are what you find attractive. Most likely nothing becomes of it because of so many circumstances, simple logistics, availability, whatever factor.

Relationships would never happen if I only gave our types a chance. For mine, 22 years we both aged and evolved out of whatever type we were. What keeps us together is commitment sickness and in health and whatever keeps marriages together. Even our love continues to evolve.

I will forever have a type, maybe multiple types, and notice them everywhere sometimes and can still appreciate attractiveness.

This post is really how things are for me - not anyone else.

My type is not for me…

@LunaNoir What do you mean? Do I detect a hint of sadness?

1 Like

Yeah a bit. I am always attracted to the wrong guys… Things just don’t workout .

3 Likes

By the way guys, I know better than to use this site for anything other than mutual schizo support, and to provide through my regular suspensions the means for the community to purify itself… but for those who keep asking (:joy_cat:) I’m 5 11, middle aged, very sociable when around people (although I do endeavour to limit such occasions), hypertolerant, contemptuous of any form of authority, highly adaptable in bed (especially in small beds, but you have to be), and my knowledge of Ricky Martin’s evergreen discography remains unsurpassed to this day. What I’m trying to say is that the single most important thing in this game is to make yourself available.

3 Likes

Not many good guys out there to begin with, but with your many qualities (and please try not to argue with me) it’s only a matter of time.

3 Likes

Thanks Sekso… P.s stop getting suspended lol

1 Like

Well, the guy I am currently dating isn’t my “type” physically, but we go together mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. I’m old enough to know physical beauty fades with time. It isn’t going to work if the two people can’t get along with each other.

2 Likes

Me too.

Characteristics like humble , down to earth, takes care of me, generous, loves me as favourite, kind.

It was pretty perfect with my x in sa.
He had dogs I adored as my babies.
He has perfect home which is the only place I’ve ever felt at home.
He has long perfect hair and is stunning inside and out.
He took care of me.
I felt deepest connection with him.
He best thing to happen to me.
His home and his style of home and body with tattoos etc is my style and perfect for my taste.
My biggest regret in life is leaving him and girls and perfect home but I left to become vegan because he didn’t want me to be vegan and my morals couldn’t stand eating animals every day.
He pretty perfect but for some reason our sex was not that good and we connected perfectly soul n spirit but not sexually.strange.
I love that he felt so stable to me.
I always wanted a stable and solid man .
He be perfect.
Except golly knows about da sex.
I believe he is my favourite person.
Such a fan n soul mate.

I have a best friend in Mohammed who is beautiful and I thought he was funniest man in the world.
Love love love.

Anders is best friend of mine too and he took care of me.
He was poor but very generous with the money he did have and he gave me things like time and care and was so nice to me.
I had never had anyone spend so much time on me before.
We were together and I love him dearly.
I love him so so much.he is pretty funny too.
I look up to Anders.
I admire Anders.
He has great unusual qualities I appreciate.

My boyfriend is a beautiful person.
He is best lover and sex.
I love him as one of my favourite people.
He is generous and loving even though he is poor too.
He is down to earth, humble, has empathy, kind and loving and sensitive.
He has experienced so much in life and he lets me be me.
He has a big beard which I find attractive and very warm kind eyes.
I always enjoy spending time with him.
I look forward to seeing him.
I appreciate every moment with my boyfriend.

Before my boyfriend I had a boyfriend for four months who was charming , charismatic, pretty funny and fit for his age n took care of himself.
He was great lover sexualy.
Hell of a temper on him though n for no real reason.

I favour long hair and beard and tattoos on men.

Leonardo DiCaprio and Johnny Depp are real hot too but in a more clean cut way perhaps .
I prefer johnnys style over Leonardo because Leonardo is so clean cut .
But I don’t favour insides I’m not saying that.

I am faithful to my boyfriend and appreciate him but it is as it is and my soul mate closest is someone else.
Maybe so
E see that as being unfaithful not physically anyway.
I love spending time with him.appreciate him.look forward to seeing him etc and he is one of my favourites but not top one.

My boyfriend is bald and a bit fat but he is beautiful physically to me anyway.
My mum was horrified when she saw a photo of him and pretty much said how can you be with him but I admire him for so much and I think he is so so so beautiful.
I am so grateful to have him as my loving boyfriend.

It is as it is though.

I have had bodybuilder boyfriend once.
He was stunning and huge and I was obsessed with him.
He dumped me.

I had a kickboxing boyfriend and he was stunning too six pack slim muscle .

They were stunning bodies fit wise.

Most important thing is they are down to earth, loving to me, take care of me, give me time.

I don’t reckon I could have a stuck up boyfriend.

My type of woman is natural.

I rather women with no makeup and I probably rather a touch masculine although long hair is good too.

I don’t want fake natural because some women fake their natural meaning their natural is not natural or real.
I don’t like fake.

She gotta be real.

Real tits .

Real personality etc

I don’t care if she’s fat.

I rather few kg over normal .

I probably rather chubby than skinny.

I’ve never had a girlfriend but I have been attracted to women.

I e never had sex with a woman except once when I was drunk I licked a prostitute vagina and men might have had sex and she was paid but I wasn’t.
I did not enjoy it.
I felt too drunk and dominated and posessed.
It was hateful destructive bad yucky sex.

I imagine if I had real sex with a woman with love and respect that it be a he ll of a lot better because that experience was too awful I don’t want to be reminded.

I’m more interested in men but am sexually attracted to some women.

I have had chemistry with a woman or two.
Not many though.

2 Likes

My boyfriend is my type too.

Jason statham is gorgeous too a real cutie.

I like Prince charming from shrek he’s pretty funny.

i have no vanity. i look ok thou. my teeth are kinda dark. i relaxed my mouth higiene a lot way back. however i really do not care about peoples’ opinions. i dont like getting involved with people. i dont want to be on the market. i dont want relationships. i am a happy lonely loner.

1 Like

I remember once at a party a lady told my friend that “if a wall had tits you would probably ■■■■ it” LOL

1 Like

Peter Steele and type o negative are a favourite of mine.
Love love love but I think I heard him talk disrespectful about women once and don’t Digg that.
Maybe not my type romantic then but music n stuff.

Gothic is my favourite style.
Then punk and hippie but gothic is way first but that’s not my faith or religion n I’m not a satanist.
Just favourite style so a person with that style could attract my interest.

But I want them to be comfortable in their clothes and not go to too much effort where it’s not so.

Personally I wear harem pants n t shirt most days because it’s what I’m most comfortable in and i could be attracted to person wearing that n being relaxed.

I also can Digg it when men wear makeup but usually prefer women without makeup :lipstick:.
Or a woman where it seldom.

I don’t think i would want a man wearing makeup every day.

I wouldn’t want my partner to go to too much effort on a daily basis.

On a daily basis relaxed comfortable n no make up and on occasion makeup n dress up.

My x in sa wore clothes from spiral direct and looked great and comfortable.

My current boyfriend can wear ugly looking clothes but he mainly or only just wears what his given by family.
He is pretty poor so he doesn’t buy his own clothes only shoes.
He matches his clothes bad such as a t shirt that doesn’t go with shoes and rest of outfits but I love him so much i don’t care.
I just care that he is comfortable and feels loved by me and that we enjoy being together.

I also appreciate if a man occasionally wears nail polish like Johnny Depp does.

Not always perhapzzz but sometimes it’s nice.

I don’t know how i would go with a super conservative guy who dresses in expensive suits every day.
If he dresses in suit on occasion that might be nice.
Never had such a man so I don’t know.

I rather he wear harem pants.

My ideal guy would wear harem pants with me.

Maybe something else to dress up on occasion but to just chill with me harem pants.
Love em.

They have a hippie vibe to them.

My boyfriend refuses to wear or own a pair to my disappointment.:slightly_smiling_face:

I adore him even though he won’t wear harem pants.:open_mouth::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t know if I’m keen on a man wearing discreet makeup and pretending to be natural.
I don’t Digg that I reckon but rather a gothic or punk makeup or if it’s natural makeup not pretend to be natural.
I don’t like fake in such ways.

Always had a thing for short people :sweat_smile:

I like hot guys

1 Like

Anything with a pulse. Jk.

I’m not sure I have a type. I prefer mostly someone who I can have relatable conversations with. At the risk of sounding vane, I don’t really find obese women sexually attractive. I mean some of those ladies in those older Dove commercials are fine but the whole Lizzo thing just doesn’t do it with me. It’s like plus sized women turned into super sized women at some point in the media.

I think it does go both ways though, being physically healthy I think is just by instinct more attractive sexually. I’m currently overweight and when I have been slim I definitely notice women anywhere I go talk to me differently.

Maybe I’m equating type to attraction? Dunno, guess I like weird nerdy chicks and/or devil wears prada type ladies. Maybe I’m too picky.