Why is ‘your type’ your type

I would say that I have always had a type in my dreams. Living in California there are a ton of cute fit blonde surfers. Very easy on the eyes but when I tell people my type I always get promptly put in my place. Unfortunately my type is also out of my league. :cry:

1 Like

Same here my type is out of my league.

I need to learn to find what my type really is.

1 Like

I don’t have a physical type. But they must have poetry, a capacity for reflecting poetically on people and nature. To retain a measure of receptiveness to the world and to be open to new experiences. To be curious, to have a sparkle in their eyes. Someone who is not lifeless, or entitled or stuck in their ways. The world is made anew every day and love must be able to reflect this most fundamental fact. True lovers must be able to abandon themselves to the call of the wild, and to live like the lilies in the field. I will bring the stars down from the night sky for a woman like that.

2 Likes

Just regular, 2 arms 2 legs 2 eyes, that sort of thing, all others negotiable

Edit: 2 arms 2 legs 2 eyes also negotiable

3 Likes

I think a nice smile and a nice voice is cool. And enthusiasm of some kind

2 Likes

My type was always short men, but almost 19 years ago, i married my 6’8" husband. Hes a keeper, but he does occasionally tease me about him not being my type. Yes he is now!

2 Likes

I prefer brunettes.
I also dig hippy type chicks but without all that drugging around. :smile:

But does she hav dem titties doe?

It takes some typos to find your type.

I’m more interested in certain characteristics than looks these days. I can’t be with anyone emotionally fragile, mostly. That being said, I have to have a tall man. I just can’t be attracted to anyone around my height or shorter.

Im attracted to brains and diverse thought, intellectual although it is easy to get turned on by physiques

@fractaled - How tall are you?

Most women are attracted to taller men.
It’s unfortunate that I’m on the shorter side.

1 Like

I’m under 5’5"

@fractaled - Whats the shortest man you’d be interested in?

1 Like

I wouldn’t say it’s an absolute, but I prefer 5’9"+

1 Like

@fractaled - I respect that. Women are allowed to have preference just like us men. I hope you find a tall man!
@Wave - I’m short too, it sucks but you gotta deal with the cards your dealt.

3 Likes

I’m 5’11" but I’m fat and ugly. lol.

I personally am not interested in a relationship anyway, so it works out just fine for me as far as that goes :stuck_out_tongue: .

1 Like

I’d also add I can’t date anyone who is my age or younger anymore. Everytime I give it a try, they aren’t mature enough. It’s always unfulfilling. I’d only consider someone who has some years on me now.

1 Like

Also someone who isn’t jealous. I’m not jealous myself, and it’s not an exciting game for me.