Who are you at a social gathering?

I’m the quite guy that cannot speak to anyone and probably make everyone feel awkward. I use to talk to much, I rambled on and on about philosophy and music. I even played in a band and I already had my diagnosis years prior, that didn’t stop me though. I could still party. Now I’m an outsider in my own family and I see myself as mentally ill I feel guilty all the time that I’m hurting someone with my mind. I might think something that they don’t accept. Maybe it’s my meds. Maybe I need something new.

2 Likes

I’m the quiet fearful guy sitting in the corner, although I’ve made great strides towards socializing a lot more.

1 Like

Off in the corner with one or two people having meaningful, animated conversation, separate from the main activity of the party. Unless there’s a band. Then I’m in the band. If there’s a dj/dancing, I’m on the dance floor nonstop.

4 Likes

Probably the guy that thought it was a great idea to jump off the balcony onto the couches but landed on a Rockband game drumset instead and destroyed it lol. True story

4 Likes

I’m fine with 1 or 2 people, but I am a bit introverted and don’t like being the center of attention in a large group.

2 Likes

You wouldn’t find me at a social gathering

At my brothers wedding I mostly hid in the upstairs bedroom

Because there was a guy there that made me nervous

And because they were taking so many pictures and filming

And I looked terrible that day…

2 Likes

The smart one who stayed home.

4 Likes

I sit at the kids table if I had to be in a social setting.

3 Likes

If I’m around family, I talk a normal amount. Unless I’m manic… Then I just don’t shut up.

When I’m around Hubby’s coworkers, I feel awkward and I don’t say much. I guess that’s because I don’t really know them, like how I know my family members.

3 Likes

I will be the one taking care of tech and talking about tech non stop lol

4 Likes

I’m the quiet one until I feel comfortable, then I’m joking around and making people laugh.

3 Likes

I used to be the life of the party or coordinator of 1 now I’m just pushed back and have to wait for the opportunity to talk try to make conversation with the new Folk keep in mind the old times why making new

2 Likes

You describe it well. For many years at large parties of any sort, I am mostly quiet and feeling very uncomfortable, not able to engage in conversation. There must be something wrong with me. No one seems to be able to talk to me and they shun me.
That was for many years. In the past few years it is getting better.

1 Like

I used to be the funny guy that could make everybody laugh. I guess I still make people laugh but I often find myself in the corner away from all the chaos. I can’t handle noise like I used to.

1 Like

hanging out with the other party philosophers :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I’m often too quiet and off to the side to the point people think I’m hiding something and immediately dislike me because how can you trust someone so quiet?! It really sucks

1 Like

The guy who ate all the candies

2 Likes

The schizophrenic kid.

1 Like

I’m usually the quiet one. Until board games come out then I get a little more social. I spent several months meticulously perfecting my Jenga skills when I was at a mental institution in my mid twenties. I don’t readily admit where I gained my prowess. I’ve thought about joking about it with my cousin’s lesbian daughter because I think she and her fiancee would be the only ones who would find it funny.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.