Which is your favorite Planet in the solar system? (Poll)

neptunes presents: clones

3 Likes

I voted Mars, itā€™s our only realistic opportunity to colonize another planet any time soon. Becoming a multiplanetary species is a great hedge against extinction, plus itā€™s just plain cool.

All the other planets are to inhospitable or to far away for todayā€™s technology.

3 Likes

Jupiter is a gas giant, but it has swallowed some asteroids, so it probably has a rocky iron core that is relatively small. Most of its mass is hydrogen, and it is theorised that itā€™s core would be metallic (solid) hydrogen, due to the high pressure and low heat. But no one really knows for sure! What an amazing planet.

2 Likes

I feel like Jupiter.

3 Likes

Ents have a core of pure heartwood.

3 Likes

Sacre bleu! :scream:

2 Likes

I voted Saturn because it is beautiful to observe through my 8 inch Dobsonian. Jupiter is my second choice as at least four moons are visible at times.

3 Likes

Mars! Little green men! Plus: the God of WAR grrrrr :partying_face:

1 Like

I voted Pluto! Like the name and loved the dog. Also, it needs a hug.

2 Likes

Saturn was the first planet I saw clearly through a telescope, and it kicked off a lifelong obsession.

3 Likes

Itā€™s a tie between Jupiter and Pluto.
Pluto is awesome and underrated.

And Jupiter is earths big brother. Do you guys have any idea how many asteroids would have obliterated us if jupiter hadnā€™t caught them with its gravity and taken the hit?

6 Likes

Hi!

Are you on discourse nova? Are there other szs on it? Is it like a private forum?

No votes for mercury on planet 9. Mercury: maybe becuase I spelled it wrong, or maybe people are envious because it has been in the warmth so long as the planet closest to the sun? Planet 9: Makes sense. Nobody knows it, and we canā€™t like what we donā€™t know. I guess this is true in many situations as well. Canā€™t like a person we donā€™t know yet :thinking:

After thinking about it my favorite planet is Arrakis.

3 Likes

Ahh, yes Dune. I loved Dune 1 and 2 the game. And I watched a series depiction of the book which was quite good. Didnā€™t like the David Lynch film, couldnā€™t make sense of it(which I guess is common), but looking forward to watch the new movie.

2 Likes

I saw the movie a week ago. Itā€™s really good. Iā€™m a bit into it.

2 Likes

The sun

Addffffgggh

1 Like

Earth, hands down. We go blind to its beauty, but it is definitely the most amazing planet in the solar system

2 Likes

I guess itā€™s a star. The sun.

1 Like

Titan.

Itā€™s technically a moon,

But if it hadnā€™t been pulled in by Saturnā€™s gravity,

It would be considered a plant.

It is the mostly likely place to sustain other life forms in our solar system.

Fascinating place.

But I guess if I had to pick a favorite already plant,

Iā€™d pick Earth.

All my stuff is here.

7 Likes